Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Coming back from ski trip this weekend, cherry blew off my bowl and by the time I realized a second later and put it out, it melted a small crater on my drive seat. :evil:
Anyone know if vinyl seat repair kit would work on the seat fabric surface?

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Ouch! :shock:

No, you're SOL. Vinyl repair kits work by bonding with the... well... vinyl. There's no vinyl in our seats (at least not in the traditional sense). The E's seats are a specially-coated fabric.

But even if just for curiosity's sake you might try, 'cause if it doesn't work or even makes things worse, you were probably going to end-up replacing the seat cover anyway.

:?

Edit: Seat cover is $81 from Majestic. Replacement yourself is not impossible but is a bit of work; you will need upholsterer's pliers to install the new cover.

·
Registered
434 Posts
contact Stacy Walker @ Milliken & Company - the manufacturers of the material - if anyone would know - it would be him -- tell him i said hello!

[email protected]
Director, Marketing Communications
MILLIKEN & COMPANY
Milliken Automotive
920 Milliken Road, M620
Spartanburg, SC 29304
[email protected]
p: 864.503.6297
f: 864.503.6303

·
Registered
372 Posts
Stacy was kind enough to reply with pertinent info:

First, there should be two materials which make the covering for your
Element seat;

1. fabric (FXC) applied in the center (or what the industry calls the
"insert")
2. a rubber-like vinyl on the sides (industry reference word "bolster)

If the crater is on the fabric covering the seat center (insert),
unfortunately, there's no method to repair a burn mark in fabric. The only
suggestion would be to have the area re-upholstered with additional FXC
(Fabric for Extreme Conditions)tm material. You may be able to contact
your Honda dealer and have them order service parts for this application.

If the crater appears on the vinyl material covering the seats edges, you
should be able to use a vinyl repair kit. However, I cannot assure you that
it will work as this is not a product from Milliken. We only supply the
waterproof fabric.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
If you have the EX, you can sponge them. Not sure about the DX, they don't use FXC material in the back seats on those.

And don't hose out your element...

-brendan

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey LMN_OP why not simply buy the honda 'all weather' Element seat covers. I noticed they are not all that expensive and once on who would know about the cherry burn!

I think they even add a rugged look to the seats!

Check them out at Honda.com

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Just remember: the seat covers can be installed only on E's that have no side-airbags.

-brendan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Got a question. We let our Mastiff ride in the E all the time and as you know with Mastiffs, come LOTS OF DROOL :shock: :shock:

My question is, what would be the best way to go about cleaning the drool and the hair up. We vacuum the E with the shop vac, but still not all the hair comes out.

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I just take a bucket and sponge wipe the seats & floor.. and dry with a sponge.. and i am done..

I then use some armor-all to clean various other areas of the interior..

good luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
My passenger seat got really wet after a friend sat in the seat with wet shorts on. The seat dried up, but left a little area where you could see where water was, like a dryed up line...
Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions on how to bring the mark off the seat I would appreciet it.
-pdub

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
[quote:02b8da1682=" "]My passenger seat got really wet after a friend sat in the seat with wet shorts on. The seat dried up, but left a little area where you could see where water was, like a dryed up line...
Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions on how to bring the mark off the seat I would appreciet it.
-pdub[/quote:02b8da1682]

Was the water seawater or poolwater? Or perhaps the person's shorts were wet due to sweat (from running, etc.)?

In that case, you've got a salt or similar residue. A warm wet cloth should get it up, or even a little bit of very dilute soapy warm water in case there are organics in there as well.

-brendan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Use Shout wipes.I had the same problem on the headliner and it worked like a charm>Let me know how it works out.
James

·
Registered
45 Posts
I used the wet cloth with some diluted soapy water. It worked! Thanks for the good feedback. I was just about to buy some seat covers so I didn't have to stare at the mark on the seats. Glad I didn't! I need to save every penny I can.
:p
-pdub

·
Registered
246 Posts

Here you go trainer wheels. Barley wine is nice but I do believe you had mentioned Guiness. Oh well a freebie is a freebie ... Good luck with the cleaning.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Here you go trainer wheels. Barley wine is nice but I do believe you had mentioned Guiness. Oh well a freebie is a freebie ... Good luck with the cleaning.
OK, OK, I owe you one or two. If I ever want to get blood or urine out, I'm all set. HOWEVER it doesn't mention dog drool on the seats or how to get puppy snot off the windows.....

21 - 40 of 316 Posts