Honda Element Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Remember those Jelly Belly menus when you were a kid. Mix A with B to get C ... Well with doggy poop I would recommend Urine (D) as a based with either Berries (D) or Salad Dressing (S&D or Pro) depending on consistency and runniness of poop at hand. :p

·
Registered
230 Posts
[quote:1577e1dcd4=" "]Well with doggy poop I would recommend Urine (D) as a based with either Berries (D) or Salad Dressing (S&D or Pro) depending on consistency and runniness of poop at hand. :p[/quote:1577e1dcd4]

No, I said dog DROOL.... you at least got the two "o's" right....! One comes from the dangerous end, one doesn't. (Our last Rottie was the one who put the "ROT" in "Rottweiler" so which end was more dangerous was open to conjecture....)

·
Registered
108 Posts
[quote:362d8442d9=" "]People + dog + lots of outdoor activities + chicken wing grease = stained, dirty seats..

Help![/quote:362d8442d9]

Man you should have bought seat covers at least that way you could toss them if they got to bad.

"Chicken wing grease" are you kidding me???? I would be put in jail for murder

-SS

·
Registered
230 Posts
Man you should have bought seat covers at least that way you could toss them if they got too bad.
I know, but I'm not the original owner of the vehicle. For the dog, I usually put a blanket or towel down, and that does the trick.

"Chicken wing grease" are you kidding me???? I would be put in jail for murder
I had a container of wings sitting on the seat, while I was on my way to work and the damn things leaked...... I didn't see it until I picked it up...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had a container of wings sitting on the seat, while I was on my way to work and the damn things leaked...... I didn't see it until I picked it up...[/quote]

Boy that's gotta be NASTY is there anyway to get that out. I think I would probably replace the whole seat.

-SS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cleaning interior seats

Hi, everyone. I am a fairly new Element owner, and I want to clean my seats. What should I be using to do this? I can't find this info anywhere but don't want to use a cleaner until it's safe. Thx.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Re: Cleaning interior seats

Get a bucket mixed with water and soap.... throw a rag in the bucket for about a min... then squeeze out all large amounts of water.... then clean the seats.. Get another dry rag and wipe after done.

·
Banned
521 Posts

I do the same bucket thing, I use Oxy Clean. Works great on all interior parts. Smells good as well!!

·
Registered
193 Posts

I've got to agree with the forum. I managed to get ground in chocolate out of the rear seats without blood, sweat or tears....maybe of joy that is...could there be a more perfect vehicle?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Question: Cleaning All-Season Seat Covers

The weather was finally above 40 (not much, though) yesterday, so I decided it was a good day to thoroughly clean and detail my E. For the first time in a year and a half, I took the seat covers off. They've held up well, but are showing a few marks which I'd like to take care of. The care instructions say to rinse them in cold water only. Not quite sure what this is supposed to do, other than make stains cold and wet until they dry and return to their former condition. I tried the cold water rinse and hung the seat covers out to dry...they now look exactly the same. Atleast some of the marking on the seat covers is just mud--there's got to be some way of taking that out, right? Are there special products out there for use on neoprene that someone's had luck with? It won't kill me to just slap the seat covers back on, stains and all, but I'd like to hear some suggestions before I do.

Thanks!

-Sara

·
Banned
124 Posts
Re: Question: Cleaning All-Season Seat Covers

I have washed mine many times in the washing machine. Delicate setting and one at a time. Then drip dry. The label on the OEM's actually say machine wash - gentle.

They look like new after a wash.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: Question: Cleaning All-Season Seat Covers

Thanks! I'll do that, then. Glad to hear from someone who's done it successfully.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hole in drivers seat

I have a small hole in the fabric of my driver's seat. It's located on side of the seat cushion. It could be a result of a snag. I don't know. Is there a way to repair before it starts enlarging? Also, would this be covered under warranty? I have 23,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaah! Poop on seat!

My friend's dog pooped all over the front seat when we weren't paying attention. I cleaned it up the best I could with soap and water, but I have to park the car tomorrow in 100+ degree heat and I am afraid of what that will do to anything left over. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can save my seat (and the rest of the car) from the potential smell?

Thanks,

·
Registered
288 Posts
Re: Aaaaaaaaaah! Poop on seat!

NATURE'S MIRACLE - you can get it at Petsmart or Petco & it even comes in jugs. Just follow the directions - it has saved many surfaces in my home and car!

·
Registered
782 Posts

scott_bernard_is said:
My friend's dog pooped all over the front seat when we weren't paying attention. I cleaned it up the best I could with soap and water, but I have to park the car tomorrow in 100+ degree heat and I am afraid of what that will do to anything left over. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can save my seat (and the rest of the car) from the potential smell?

Thanks,
Not to get into too many details, but when my dog poos, it is pretty much a solid material unless he is sick. Given that you picked it up and removed it, then followed up with soapy water, you should be fine.

Use a little nature's miracle, or other fabric safe cleaner/soil remover and I can't imagine it would leave much of an odor, if any. Fabreeze doesn't seem to work well on pet odors; it just covers them up temporarily.

Also, you could ask the dog to go in the floor next time..but i guess he finds the seats as comfortable as we all do.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Good luck getting it out, but I have to ask why are YOU cleaning it up. Have your friend do it :) Any friend who won't clean up their dogs poop is not a friend of mine (unless she's hot).

41 - 60 of 316 Posts