Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small tear in the back of the passager rear seats near the cup holder? The tear is located between the side seat < the seams > and the cup holder. I only have 2,100 miles and rarely have someone sit in the back. Will Honda fix this problem before it rips completely!

Also the engine light came on again and the tail light is out! I loved my E but all these problems are surfacing on a weekly basis and i only own the car for 8 weeks. :?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm not sure of the limit, but most of the "minor adjustment" issues are only covered by the dealer for a very limitedtime. Make sure to get it there ASAP. FWIW: I think it may be < 12,000 miles.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The tear sounds like a factory defect. Take it in right away. Make sure you huff and puff a lot. You gotta know they won't be too keen on replacing the seat cover...

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've got the same tear under the cup holder. It seems the fabric was cut wrong. The dealer said they will replace the whole seat, whenever I'm ready. Baby Steps...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,

I just got a call from my dealer and he said it's under warranty. I am lucky i have a wonderful dealer who takes great care of me. We are on a first name basis since i been going to the dealership for the past 4 weeks now :shock: They also fixed my tail light < burnt bulb > and reset the engine light < something to do with the V-TEC >. Next week will be the 5th consecutive week i been to my dealer < seat replacement >.

But i still Love my E

·
Registered
25 Posts
I read a review on the Element a while back and it said tearage in the rear seats was a problem so make sure your interior is covered on the warranty when purchasing. I did and my agent said it was.

·
Registered
36 Posts
my front passenger seat has a tear in it. actually, it's more like a seam with defective stitching. the stitching has started coming loose on the seam in the middle of the seat. it's not noticible, but it is about 2 inches long now where i can stick my fingers down into the padding.
i took my E to the dealer with a laundry list of warranty issues, and they are replacing the seat cover, no problem. they are also replacing the floor, because it is bubbling, again with no problems.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When the dealer replaces the fabric, make sure you check for any gouges. I found a gouge near the cup holder when they tried to pull out the old fabric. I let the manager know and he is replacing the cup holder this week. I just hate when my dealer replace something defective, something else goes wrong :evil:

The dealer fixed 4 defective things on my E, but everytime i get my car back, their is a gouges near the defective item.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the same tear on my rear passenger seat. I plan to go to the dealer Friday. Not looking forward to it. My dealer slithers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Seat cover rips, cuts, cracks, split seams

Has anyone else had problems with splits or cracks in the vinyl parts of the seats? I hung my driver's-side rear seat up for the first time and when I took it back down a few hours later there was a large split in the lower back vinyl part. I took it in to the dealer and the service manager said it was a cut and acted like he didn't believe me about how it happened! :x He said he would call Honda, but he didn't know if they'd replace it! Please let me know if this has happened to your E.

·
Registered
52 Posts
[quote:2757631a8f="Element"]I had the same problem in May and the dealer fixed it with no hassels at all.[/quote:2757631a8f]

It's good to know someone else had the same problem. I haven't heard back from Honda yet. Did yours look almost as if someone had slit it with a box knife?

Mine looks just like it's been cut with a razor or something. The thing is, I haven't had anything sharp anywhere near my backseat. No one ever even sits in it! I'm wondering if maybe it could have been damaged at the factory or dealership and it just didn't show up until I hung it up for the first time...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yay! The dealer talked to Honda and they said they'll fix it no prob! :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
My side panel on the drivers side front seat is showing wear and coming apart near the seam. Actually its spliting near the seam. I have eight thousands miles on the Element. I hope this is an isolated incident and not an indicator of what is to come later with a wear factor. I was told to take it to an auto Upholstery shop and send my Honda dealer the bill.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
take it to your dealer.. you never want to hope they will pay the bill from an outside company.. give them the chance to help you, please for your own sake..

I am over 8K miles and completely no wear.. at all. so i woulc say that would be isolated, but i am still sorry you have it at all..

please keep us posted on the resolution!

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
[quote:f0d6c497be=" "]My side panel on the drivers side front seat is showing wear and coming apart near the seam. Actually its spliting near the seam. I have eight thousands miles on the Element. I hope this is an isolated incident and not an indicator of what is to come later with a wear factor. I was told to take it to an auto Upholstery shop and send my Honda dealer the bill.[/quote:f0d6c497be]

A caution here, since you have an EXS...I wonder if the seam that is splitting is actually the breakaway seam for the side airbag. Before bringing it to an upholstery shop, get the dealer to check out whether there's any relation of that seam to the side-airbag mechanism.

-brendan

·
Registered
314 Posts
The seam is actually on the flat outside part of the seat and not the back part of the seat. The dealer suggested getting it repaired at the upohlstery shop rather than order a entire seat cover. I did nothing to snag the material but there is a slight wrinkle in the area where the material is splitting.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
[quote:9db93d139a=" "]The seam is actually on the flat outside part of the seat and not the back part of the seat. The dealer suggested getting it repaired at the upohlstery shop rather than order a entire seat cover. I did nothing to snag the material but there is a slight wrinkle in the area where the material is splitting.[/quote:9db93d139a]
so your dealer suggested having someone else do it, did they agree to pay for it?? I don;t think you should have to pay for the seat repair, as new as the E is, that is just not something i would accept!!

1 - 20 of 488 Posts