Honda Element Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
read your warranty/ call your dealer

I don't think upholstery is covered under a drive train warranty but you might get your dealer to do something nice for you.

gl

·
Registered
794 Posts
Seat tearing

Less than a year old, I see this, I will bring it to the dealers attention at the 20k checkup. Has anyone else had this problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Any way to "fix" small tear in back seat and remove "scratches" from seats?

My wife, for some reason, decided to put a heavy wood drawer type thing on the rear seat instead of on the floor :neutral:, and in doing so, the thing scratched up the material on the rear seat and also put a tiny rip on a spot. :sad:

Plan warm water doesn't get the scratches out. I used a drop of superglue to glue down the tiny tear, but you can still see it (and it could easily get snagged on something, I'd think).

Any way to get those scratches in the surface/seat material out?

Any way to "fix" the tear (as in, put something on it to "cover" it so it can't snag on anything)? (It's really small -- like, maybe 1/8".)

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
driver seat tearing

i am having the exact same problem for a second time, both times on driver seat. i own a 2004/2wdEX honda element, with 10000miles on it now. at 7000miles i noticed this problem and the dealer in tampa,florida replaced the cushion cover, now at 10000miles its doing the same thing, just went to same dealer here in tampa florida and now the service manager says that its normal wear and tear. i don't buy that, as u can tell i hardly ever use the vehicle, will be 3years old in mid february 2007 and i only have 10000miles on it, plus this seat cover only has 3000miles on it. they r having the honda person contact me when they come to tampa next month, in the meantime i am writing to Honda in California to express my dissatisfaction with the outcome of my second dealer visit regarding the driver seat cover, i would like to know of u'r results, thanks.

·
Registered
794 Posts
When I went in for my 20k checkup, I had them replace the cushion since it's still under warranty. The service manager said this was his 5th one, and hoped it would not lead to a recall. All these seats are ripping in the same area, inform you service manager this is not normal wear and tear, it is a defect! I have had 3 cars prior to my E and never had seat damage. My dealer did take the responsibility to fix the problem, yours should do the same.:mad:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
My '03 shows no signs of real wear, especially any tearing.
I'm assuming it could have been a bad batch of seat skins.

Very few here have ever mentioned noticeable sign of splitting.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Seat Damage

I am new to the forum, and this is my first post..... Just bought a 03 ex w/blue paint last week....I am the 2nd owner and it has 61k miles....bought it at the dealership and it is not a "certified'...My problem has been with the drivers side, left buttocks rubberized seat, it has worn badly and now cracks are appearing in it...i wear a truckers wallet and chain so that has not helped...I put a piece of clear duct tape over the damage and am in the process of looking for some heavy duty seat covers as I do quite a bit of pier/surf fishing...

any suggestions about covers and any others who outfit their elements for fishing would be greatly appreciated!
:-|

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
what is up with a trucker wallet...It is like having your wallet on a leash or something...Looks kind of dumb too..:confused:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
seaBreeze said:
I am new to the forum, and this is my first post..... Just bought a 03 ex w/blue paint last week....I am the 2nd owner and it has 61k miles....bought it at the dealership and it is not a "certified'...My problem has been with the drivers side, left buttocks rubberized seat, it has worn badly and now cracks are appearing in it...i wear a truckers wallet and chain so that has not helped...I put a piece of clear duct tape over the damage and am in the process of looking for some heavy duty seat covers as I do quite a bit of pier/surf fishing...

any suggestions about covers and any others who outfit their elements for fishing would be greatly appreciated!
:-|
Welcome to the club,,,,,,one good thing about the internet is that you can carry anything or dress any way you want.

Check the search function for seat covers.

·
Registered
128 Posts
RE:Seat Covers

Thanks for all the input! I spent last few hours scouring the forum and have a better idea of what I need to do...as far as the chain/wallet thing, well, I work too hard to lose:shock: my hard earned dollars due to extreme sports....I cannot count how many saves the chain has given me over the yearsand no lost wallets or money! :rolleyes:

To Dparrothead1 thanks for your support...the first custom item I did was load up the CD player with Jimmy Buffett....now if I hada pencil thin mustache, I could do some crusin' too!....:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine too...

My 04 Element has about 40K miles on it and the driver's side has begun to split on the left side... it really sucks! I'd like to get a seat cover, but I'm a little hesitant becasue of the side airbags... it's only getting colder here in Chi-Town... I'm afraid my splitting plasic will not fair well...

·
Registered
15 Posts
seat wear and tear

i too have many miles (53000) on my e now im starting to notice some cracking in my seat. i mean i am a big girl and so is my daugter so im thinking about looking into Wet Okole seat covers for the front seats. unless anyone knows of off the shelf seat covers that fit the e. havent found any in hawaii yet.

·
Registered
510 Posts
try to keep an eye on ebay...i have seen some people sell the good condition rear seats are very reasonable price..i mean shipping too...
but u have to be patient and keep an eye on ebay constantly..
i hope that will help..or u can buy the brand new seat cover from honda...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Fat wallet = chiropractor's scheme

It's not right for your 10,000 mile seats to require 2 repairs, must be something wrong with the way they are making them - or could it be user-error? Are you jumping on your seats again, kids? I'll tell Mom on you.

I got the seat covers on the theory that I'd wear out the covers, not the seats. Hope I don't just wind up delaying the seat-cover failure until after warranty coverage!

I try to remember to take my wallet out of my back pocket if I'm driving, it's easier on both buttocks and back. That big ol' trucker's wallet could throw out a person's spine!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well, I can live with the scratch. The rip is very tiny -- like 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch. I superglued it down, but I think it might still catch on something. So I'm just looking for a way to "cover" it so it doesn't.

Would clear nailpolish over the tear work? Or is there some other stuff I could use to do that?

Replacing the whole thing would be a little extreme... :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not User-error

thanks for the words, i'm 6feet about 190lbs. it could be a rental car and i still would park at the end of a parking lot to avoid dings, thats how careful i am with cars, i have to stay out of dealer lots or i get the new car bug. no i am very caring with my car. i just got of the phone with the Honda Customer Dept in California, they gave me a case number and said to expect a call within two days from one of there reps, in the meantime i just ordered two seat covers from [email protected] to help take even more care with my seats. again i only have 10k on Element and this seat cover only has 3k on it of use since they changed the original one. i also called the Honda Dealer where i purchased the E and they asked me to bring it over because they won't comment without seeing what the problem is. i just started inquiring about extended warranties, any info out there about them?

41 - 60 of 488 Posts