Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
Wife is vertically challanged. Would like to raise drivers seat 1 to 2 inches on 2008 EX. Looks like 4 17mm nuts hold seat frame to floor. Question is how to get to rear two!!?? Noticed that there are four 10mm bolts that hold seat pan to frame and might add about 1/2 inch before interfering with seat back.
Any suggestions most welcome.
Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
157 Posts
instead of taking the seat apart, try putting metal tubeing between frame and floor with longer bolts. use the tubes as spacers

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Those bolts have a safety factor engineered into their placement and should not be tampered with unless you really want the seat to break free from the frame and follow you through the windscreen in an accident.

If your missus is still not able to drive comfortably or safely with the seat cranked up to the highest position maybe she could use a youth booster seat.
I once worked with a nurse that was 4'9" and had a booster seat in her Caravan along with a shoulder belt adjuster. You have to remember that airbags and improperly worn seat belts kill a lot of children and smaller adults every year because the systems are designed for people of average height.

Whatever you decide just be safe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi this is my first post. I've got a 2006 Element LX. As a drummer I love it. However, I am used to driving a van and have found that even the highest setting on the driver's seat is too low. I'm 5'5". Right now I have to use pillows to get up to a comfortable height. I asked the dealer if they could adjust the height and they just said no. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to physically raise the seat?

·
Registered
3 Posts
seat height bracket

Thanks, I did end up finding a seat height fix on the forum but I'm going to need to turn it over to my body shop to fabricate a new bracket. We'll see how it turns out. I just feel I'm down in a fishbowl when I drive. It's not the car's problem just me as an old van head.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Driver Seat Upgrade, Instead

This is my first posting/reply anywhere. I've always wanted a diff. seat since I first bought my escpod7. This original one is too wide and has no bolster support. My question is: Can the driver seat be replaced with an aftermarket?
You know...recaro-like or momo type. I haven't come across an E with racing-type seats yet. They'd probably look awesome. And my aching back could use a rest. Help! anyone? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
This is my first posting/reply anywhere. I've always wanted a diff. seat since I first bought my escpod7. This original one is too wide and has no bolster support. My question is: Can the driver seat be replaced with an aftermarket?
You know...recaro-like or momo type. I haven't come across an E with racing-type seats yet. They'd probably look awesome. And my aching back could use a rest. Help! anyone? Thanks.

Corbeau has some interesting looking reclining seats at reasonable prices.

Corbeau also lists brackets for a Honda Element.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry to raise this from the dead, but I didn't think it necessary to start a new thread. So, has anyone successfully found a way to raise their seat? I just bought an '08 EX, and really need to find a way to raise it a few more inches.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
A qualified welding shop can remove the brackets from the base and install lengths of square channel between them. As an added bonus, you could move the base back an inch or two if you need more legroom. The trick would be finding a shop that a) you can trust and b) will take this on, considering the liability risk. You'd do best to start out with a new base, despite the cost (about $550), so you could go back to the original if the experiment failed or if you were to sell the car later.

When my car was new, I modified the driver's seat base to gain legroom. Not the same method you'd use to raise the height, but it shows that anything is possible!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts