Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking my new HondaHummer eh... Element and noticed that there are two hooks/attachment points with little sliding covers. I cannot find them detailed in the manual. They are in headliner very close to the top of the liftgate. There is a seat embossed in the sliding covers.
Anybody know what they are for? :roll:

·
Registered
41 Posts
There in the manual...you just have to really look. I noticed these this weekend and had to find out what they were. They are actually for child seat teather anchor points. Personally I think they'll be good for a bungee tie down point or something since I don't have any kids. Look in the manual unser the child seat section and you'll see information on these anchors. They are actually manditory in Canada according to the manual.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... the one place in the manual I didn't look. My 11 year has been without car seat for at least a couple of years( :) ), way before the tether requirement.
I will be using them as a tie down point.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a neon light tied up between the two clips. Yes they are for a child seat anchor. But it does look cool with a neon up there I will try and have a pic availiable for anyone who wants to see how I did it. e-mail at [email protected] atten:NEON

·
Registered
36 Posts
LATCH for car seat

Quick question. I am in the process of buying a 2003 Element. I didn't notice a LATCH hook for a child car seat. Although I wasn't really looking. Does this year come with the LATCH system? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
car seat hard points, how much can they handle?

Greetings,

I'm curious as to how much weight the car seat anchors above the rear hatch can handle? I want to be able to hang items from them while we are camping in the element to maximize floor space for sleeping.

Any clues?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Did a quick look

Just did a quick look. As the tether is supposed to assist the restraint of a 40 pound occupant (in a rapid deceleration), I would think that you could safely assume it would hold a 20 - 25 pound static load....

Just my 2 cents worth!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just found the LATCH info as well. A 40 pound child, plus the weight of the seat, while it's being accelerated forward.

Last weekend I attached a hook to each tether point and hung a small bag of clothes and gear from them and it worked fairly well. I have been thinking of building a small hanging shelf to hang from the tether points while we are parked. I may need to reconsider my plan and build supports up from the side bins instead. We need the shelf high enough that we can slide our mattress under the shelf and still have room for our feet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts