Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question if for folks who have owned and/or driven the pre 07 E, and the 07 or later. Do you prefer the seat belt on the seat, non adjustable, or is the seatbelt on the door more comfortable, it's adjustable hight. I don't really care about letting people out of the backseat, I don't have kids or friends. I care about me :)
Thanks
Dana

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm 1.85m tall. The belt (non adjustable) on the seat fits great.

·
Registered
2007 Element EX AWD AT (two!)
487 Posts
I'm 1.95 m tall. The belts on the seat are fine - I bought 2007+ because of the side air bags. I've had other vehicles where belts are in the way of the rear seat passengers, but really, it is a minor annoyance.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I have an '08 with the belts in the seats. I've ridden in some earlier models with the body mounted belts and I prefer the belts in the seats. My legs aren't proportional to my body but if they were, I'd be close to 7 feet - head not quite to the ceiling.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This question if for folks who have owned and/or driven the pre 07 E, and the 07 or later. Do you prefer the seat belt on the seat, non adjustable, or is the seatbelt on the door more comfortable, it's adjustable hight. I don't really care about letting people out of the backseat, I don't have kids or friends. I care about me :)
Thanks
Dana
iT'S ABOUT WHAT YOU PREFER, NOT WHAT WE ALL PREFER!! omg!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I’ve driven everybody’s. I’m 6’6”. 03-06 are way better for me because the ANGLE of the belt. The 07+ belt IN the seat cuts up against my neck too hard. If you put a belt cushion on, then it causes retraction problems due to friction. 03-06 belt crosses my shoulder, not my neck. Plus 03-06 has more head room (seat design?). Letting out back seaters is a pleasure compared to neck cutting. Yes, I’d like 07+ safety on 03-06. Oh well. MY OPINION. Nobody start crying.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks
Dana
check with dealer usually under warranty

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've had both. An '04 EX, and an '07 EX. I'm 6'5" and as far as fit, it's a toss up. I've had passengers in the back seat a handful of times. I've gotten used to the seat mounted belts, so that's pretty much a non-issue. If the door mounted belts were more comfortable, I've forgotten. The one thing I do miss from the door mounted belts is how the front seat has a flatter profile when folded flat than the seat mounted belts do. All that spooling equipment had to go somewhere, so the seat when folded back is not as level as the older ones were. Most of the time it's not even thought of unless you fold them down for camping etc. There's a thread or two on that issue here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I prefer to have side curtain airbags so there is no choice in regards to the seatbelt position.

·
Registered
2011, AWD
18 Posts
I've had both styles, an '05 and currently '11. Prefer the belt on the seat. Why: much more comfortable since it's right above your shoulder and it obviously moves when you adjust the seat forward/back. With the belt on the side pillar/door, that gap & angle is typically what's not comfortable. And the forward/back position is fixed relative to the seat. You only get up/down adjustment. The belt on the seat also doesn't interfere with opening the rear door as you know, and that's a bonus for any future friends.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,817 Posts
I drove a 2004 for 11 years and 80K miles, my 2008 for 5 years and 25,000 miles.
The new seats are more comfortable and so are the seat belts. I'm 6'1" my spouse is 5'4". A much taller person much prefer the higher maximum mount point of the shoulder belt.

The disadvantages of the new seats: the back doesn't fold as far forward. side loading of bulky stuff is more restricted. "Fold flat for bed" is not as flat, has a divot from the headrest and less legroom (feet forward).

The advantages of newer seats: Comfort. A fabric that doesn't split on the seat seams. Less belt adjustment needed when seat is moved fore and aft. A short person doesn't need to reach behind them to find the shoulder belt. The belt doesn't need to be removed to let a skinny kid out or in the rear door.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts