Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first time I went to look at a Element, I hopped in the passenger seat and popped the glove box open, inside were two plastic "strips". I asked the saleperson what they were for and he said that when the rear seats are folded up, these plastic "strips" are used to cover the rear seat anchor point holes in the middle of the floor.
Well, after purchasing my new Element I realized that these plastic pieces were not in my vehicle, so I asked my salesperson and she asked and we looked in some other Elements and nowhere could we find any or any more information on them. [I'm told that other Honda models do come with these, but not the element]

My question is, should I have received these plastic covers with my new Element? or does the Element not come with them?

Any info would be appreciated!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Well, I have not seen anything like what you are talking about, or even heard about it. Sorry. They may have been something put on only for shipping.

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I got my Element (with roof rack), the dealer gave me some black plastic strips - said they're from the roof rack and if I ever take it off, they pop back in the holes where the rack went. Maybe that's what they were...

·
Registered
9 Posts
The floor hole covers thing got me thinking about my element. Everyone knows the hindges that are exposed on the rear folding seats.....(Poking out of the box that detaches from the wall) In my car, one set (Passenger side) has plastic covers on them, the other side is exposed black medal. Is this true for everyone else also?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts