Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What useful new things have you discovered about your E since you've owned it? For example, the drink holder in the center console just next to the ebrake takes a 1 liter Nalgene bottle pretty nicely. Also, the bolt at the base of the hatch's swing arms makes an excellent bungee point when securing the open hatch to an oversized load.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The biggest "secert" features that I discovered are actual features that I didn't know about....the change bin and the sunglass clips.....but I have to say that they best feature is no secret....the colapsable, hangable rear seats that allow just about anything to be put in the back of the E...including a folding picnic table, 2+ mountain bikes, and countless other oversized items!

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:75db042156="StLouisPenguin"]The biggest "secert" features that I discovered are actual features that I didn't know about....the change bin and the sunglass clips.....but I have to say that they best feature is no secret....the colapsable, hangable rear seats that allow just about anything to be put in the back of the E...including a folding picnic table, 2+ mountain bikes, and countless other oversized items![/quote:75db042156]

When I actually get my E, will I be taught The Secret Handshake so I can know about the change bin and the sunglass clips?

:wink:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
When I actually get my E, will I be taught The Secret Handshake so I can know about the change bin and the sunglass clips?

ONLY if you play nice Kim! and of course after you go through hazing.....but I promise that it will be nothing like the hazing that occured at the High School in Northbrook, IL (Crazy High School Seniors.....can you say stupid????)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know all about the change drawer, but where are the sunglass clips?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Actually, the secret little feature I found would go over most peoples head except the avid cb'r/ham. I used an existing bolt under the hood to hold an antenna mount for my ham radio instead of using a magnet mount on the roof (too tall vehicle), or drilling a hole somewhere to mount it. It sticks out between the hood and the fender. Also, the power cord going to the radio from the battery simply slinks down the side of the fender and is pulled thru that opening (open door, of course) and snaked under the rubber around the bottom of the door, paralelling the coax from the antennea. I have not had to drill holes in the body to put my much needed radio equipment in. The radio remote head is stuck on top of the dash with velcro glued to the dash and glued to the bottom of the radio. The rest of the radio is HIDDEN! When I park in a area that has bad ass people wandering around, the radio remote head can be removed and hidden, as well.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Cloak-

Pop open the little overhead bin.....and look on the open side of the little door....there are two clips designed to hold your sunglases 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
113 Posts
[quote:d2410a16d2="StLouisPenguin"]Cloak-

Pop open the little overhead bin.....and look on the open side of the little door....there are two clips designed to hold your sunglases 8) 8) 8)[/quote:d2410a16d2]

I thought that was supposed to be for a pen! Oops!

My favorite hidden feature is the auto-renewing front windshield... forces you to replace it every 5000 miles or so, so it won't get too dirty! :lol: (yes, of course that's a joke!) Seriously though, my favorite "hidden feature" (it's in the manual, but it's still pretty obscure) is the adjustable console light dimmer in the center ring of the guage cluster. I love how not only does it incrementally dim the lights, but briefly replaces the speedometer with little rings to indicate the level. Neat!

·
Registered
894 Posts
How about the little holder for the gas cap that's in the door to the gas tank. Very spiffy feature. Didn't save the guy at the full serve from placing the cap on the roof and then dropping in on the ground when he filled my "E" tho. And to boot, he didn't even ask about it!!

Incidently, 26.36 miles per imperial gallon for the first tank.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah, the glasses clips kick ass. I used to keep a glasses case in my car all the time when I had my last one, and now I don't have to. Plus the tray to the left of the wheel is the perfect size for my sunglasses. The pen holder is great too although it's a little tight... gotta really pull to get the pen out! Speaking of which, this weekend I actually popped the tip off of my 12V plug trying to get it out of the accessory jack! Damn those things are tight...

Drew

·
Registered
461 Posts
Wow, IskiE! I didn't know about that one and I've had my E for 3 weeks and 4 fill-ups! Now I want to run out to the parking lot and look at my E! (Well, I would like to do that anyway; haven't seen it for a couple of hours. :) )

I've been putting the gas cap on top of the pump, but I'm always afraid it will fall or I'll forget it. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I thought I had a defective driver door lock to I looked in Honda's quick start guide good Idae though since Honda does not come unlock your car for you :) .......also found change tray after reading manual

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've found that the moonroof opening (for those that have it) is an excellent place to watch fireworks from. Having the heat on full blast while watching a winter fireworks dispaly kept my girlfriend's feet warm and there was a perfect gust of warm air coming through the opening in the roof (so it was warm even though we were halfway outside). Plus everyone else in the parking lot was out of view. It's like we had the show to ourselves.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I found the space between the center console and front passenger seat will hold 2-3 CD's, end-to-end.

The top of the dash is a perfect place to mount my E-Trex Vista GPS in the Garmin sandbag mount. The high glass gives it a good view of the sky, while keeping it out of your field of view.

I can strap my Camelbak H.A.W.G. to the driver's seat for hands-free drinking water while driving. I'm sure reservoir would fit in the bungees behind the seat too, although I have not tried it yet.

Finally, for a little fun, remove the sunroof and have someone drive you around while standing in the back. I did this in my neighborhood. All the local kids were waving to me. Great way to play "Tank Commander" with your E. Still trying to figure out if there is a way to mount a ring with an M2 Browning .50 CAL on top :)

Regards,
SOL

·
Registered
60 Posts
:oops: I found out to turn on the console lights you actually hit the lights. They are the switches. I was looking around the cabin for a switch. Took me 2 months to figure out.

Those big gulp cup holders in the rear doors holds my new chrome APC fire extinguisher nicely. With all that plastic you never know. :wink:

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:ca051c9a97="Aykew"][quote:ca051c9a97="StLouisPenguin"]Cloak-

Pop open the little overhead bin.....and look on the open side of the little door....there are two clips designed to hold your sunglases 8) 8) 8)[/quote:ca051c9a97]

I thought that was supposed to be for a pen! Oops! [/quote:ca051c9a97]

I feel like a little kid. I stopped working and ran down to my garage and looked inside the little overhead storage bin. Sure enough: there are both a pair of sunglass clips AND two clips to hold a pen. Will the fun never end??????

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've found that the little area under the speedo, to the right of the steering column...you know, that little change holder area...it holds my garage door opener, PERFECTLY. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
It holds my garage door open perfectly, too. We put our change in a plastic film container so it doesn't rattle in the change holder. We put a plastic shower curtain ring on the left rear grab handle to hang clothes hangers.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts