Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Element the first year it came out in 2003. I was on waiting list at dealership. It's a great vehicle and this site helped me work out of the kinks (leaks, seats, plastic popping open and squeaks.) I never had a problem with windshield, although I almost decided against buying after reading owner's comments at this site. I liked how the plastic was unpainted and it took me awhile to warm up to the painted ones but now with the new colors I do like those too. I really liked the SC and for awhile I thought about getting one until I found out that they're only 2-wheel drive. Not a good choice for New England.

So, what did I move to? Well, first I'll say that my needs have changed. I'm a musician, among other things, and I used to have to play gigs involving possible long distances in inclement weather and show always went on since most of them were expensive weddings. I loved the Element, it was a comfortable place to hang out before I played. The back seats with the front seats all the way forward created a nice open area. Now that that's over I decided only a month ago to pursue my other dream box car, the Scion xB 1st gen. I like the look better than the 2nd gen. I wanted better gas mileage and I think the 1st gen. is better looking and original. I will miss the 4-wheel drive. Toyota does make one but they didn't import it ):

I always embraced both cars and still have a place in my heart for the Element but it's nice to be back in a car with carpet and normal backseats and doors and I think it's very Chic.

The new owner is going to be removing backseats for her two large dogs. I'm very happy someone bought it who is a first-time Element owner and finds it to be perfect for her needs. I hope my using Mobil 1 will keep it running for many more years and know I gave her a good deal.

Thanks to everyone who was there before me on this site. I'm now reading blogs about the xB and my other little summer car, my MR2 Spyder.

It's been a great ride.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
The new owner is going to be removing backseats for her two large dogs. I'm very happy someone bought it who is a first-time Element owner and finds it to be perfect for her needs. I hope my using Mobil 1 will keep it running for many more years and know I gave her a good deal.

It's been a great ride.
Sorry to see you go!! You DID tell the new owner about us, yes??!! :shock::?

I think it should be required as part of ownership..... :twisted::evil:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts