Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I figured I might as well show everyone here at the EOC what I got going on. This again, is my 2002 Cr-viper or Viper-V. (still debating between the two)

Some things i have done in the last couple months (haven't changed my sounds system up in a while, that's still the same as I've had it):

Billet grill
Home Depot Grill Guard
Home Depot Garage molding front lip
Civic Decals
New Vinyls
Tail light Blinker deletion (black tops)
All "H" removal
Painted Stock Rims Black with silver lip, and cap, chrome lugs
90 degree shifter stick (bent forward)
Ball shifter
Painted center console black and A and B pillars black.
Dash cluster mounted Volt Gauge
Interior Blue LED lighting in center table
New "Turbo" style muffler (got rid of that big behemoth sitting there)
And a few other things...

and this is how it sits now...
ANd of course the Viper GTS blue paint...

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Oh my! I forgot the sound system pics.... all custom done by me of course. IT had to be to get everything to fit.

my bad:

one amp under each seat, this ones under the driver's side running the 4 door speakers. I have it run from the HU, down to the amp, then right behind the head unit to the original wiring for simplicity, though it took forever to keep track of all the wire I did it one set at a time. It's cleaned up a lot better, and I built a rack for it and black carpet for the wires to come cleanly out of.
DOn't trash on Dual, it sounds great for the price, and will probably get replaced with something better later. I think the wife only paid like $70 for it, it was a Christmas present)

The other amp under the passenger seat runs the amp, but it's in no way clean to take a picture. I need to move it maybe, since it's about 20" long or so, maybe more, it's huge and does not fit quite right under the passenger seat like the old Insignia did, pictured here: (no longer in the car)

And then the CAp, which is under the carpet in the trunk in the spare tire well:

The whole box is being replaced eventually, and I'll make a spot for the cap and add a window, since the box was built in mind to only fit the sub in such a weird space with it's required volume.

I like the stealth deal, but it took forever to make a box that fit, since I didn't use fiberglass, all MDF construction with a lot of angles and steps to get all that air space closed off in a ported box. (yes, it ports out below the capacitor)

Oh, and BTW, the electrical tape on the amp terminals was on there because I was taking the amps out, and with open terminals I like to tape em off, so I don't bridge anything with a screwdriver.

Also, here's a shot of the carpets and everything in place, and seats pushed back to normal position, this is how stealthy I like my system to be:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have new updates. the trunk is way cleaner now with that "OEM" feel. Also the front bumper has been painted. Still painting all the engine covers silver. For the life of me they won't take paint and stick, but I've finally found something that works. Took out the Gauge Cluster and customized that as well.

Anyone that wants to know how to paint those pesky plastics, I think I figured it out, here's what mine wound up like:

and my most recent photo-shop: Been working on new ideas: Not finished, but mostly:

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Thanks for posting!

It helped me remember just how much I hated my CRv !

Dom

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Dom, that was really mean. :-x You just surpassed IRV in grumpy old man status. :-x

serj- your crv looks good! :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey serj: What is the goal of the vehicle? What aspect the car culture did you want to reflect in your modifications? The car looks clean and the mods individually speaking are not too cheesy. However as a whole it looks like a random joining of various "styles" on one vehicle without a clearly defined direction.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey serj: What is the goal of the vehicle? What aspect the car culture did you want to reflect in your modifications? The car looks clean and the mods individually speaking are not too cheesy. However as a whole it looks like a random joining of various "styles" on one vehicle without a clearly defined direction.
you know, I'm going to have to agree with you. I have so many ideas, it seems I need multiple cars to make them all work, but since i only have one car for projects, I have to mash my ideas here, but I try to keep one style in mind. Black and blue outside, tan inside (changing to black later) and good sound already. Want to make better power later. It's literally my custom idea dump, in a good way. Eventually, when I have a solid amount of cash, I want to finish it off and get another car to work on as well. I just redid a 1990 Ford Ranger for a friend. When I came to Washngton for the week, he handed me $1,000 and said "spend it all on the Ford" Needless to say, I got a really nice audio package in it, Infiniti components and a Rockford 10" sub with Infiniti amp, tweeters, the works, and upholstered the entire interior with camel suede. (so soft and nice) and brown leather. Installed a tach (didn't have one, stick) and a short throw. All that cost $1,000 and I definitly need more for making my car complete in any way. It's a mix of projects. But when it's done I'll need another project car, because I can't leave anything alone, I have to change it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts