Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm jaded cause of what I do for a living(provide computer tech support and repair), but my recent dealing with Honda definitely gives me a bad impression.

I just got my Element in November and shortly there after(right at the end of Nov) I had the battery randomly die. With a day or 2 of dealing with power related issues I brought it in to Honda and they said nothing was wrong. 2-3 weeks later I had to get jumped, then shortly later had to charge it in my garage, then my fiance had it die out of town. All these happened with ~2 weeks or so in between.
Fast forward to a week ago. I bring it in with the same battery concerns(had to charge it the morning I brought it in too) i had at the end of November, and initially it was ok, but after the left it sit for a while and tried again they found a cell in the battery had failed.
I was then informed that my warranty expired at the end of December, which obviously sucks, however I had the battery concern noted in warranty, so I thought, of course Honda will take care of me! I mean, if a customer at my work had a battery issue and was under the same situation I for sure would honor their warranty since they symptom was noted inside of warranty. Well after talking with the dealer, and talking with Honda USA, they said, too bad, warranty expired, have a nice day.

So again, maybe I just have a different view of customer service from my place of business. I would have no questions asked honored the warranty because it was an intermittent issue and brought up in warranty and in a reasonable time frame.
/endrant
#hondafail

·
Registered
872 Posts
yup mine is still "in warranty" and they wont do sheit to it,just want to charge me to do nothing.so when the battery died and honda said 181.00 I told them and every body in the dealer ship about the honda warranty scam. then went to wally world for a $65.00 battery.my e has 2 many issues and they wont do squat. contacted american honda is a joke. first guy said yes all that is covered & they will reimburse me,struts,battery,filters,what ever was wrong with the car,then the next guy said yes it's under warranty,but and hear it comes,just drive around the state and try to get someone to fix it. yes the honda warranty is a scam!!! so if you ever see a cargo cahki with lemons painted on it saying honda warranty scam !!! it could be mine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just a thought..... these Element batteries die awfully easily. I listen to the radio for an hour while washing the car, and ............. nada. My wife leaves the dome light on and the next morning............ nada. You might look at your own habits before blaming Honda. You might be leaving a door ajar or a light burning somewhere.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a thought..... these Element batteries die awfully easily. I listen to the radio for an hour while washing the car, and ............. nada. My wife leaves the dome light on and the next morning............ nada. You might look at your own habits before blaming Honda. You might be leaving a door ajar or a light burning somewhere.
I had the vehicle all of ~3 weeks before the battery issues surfaced. However it was intermittent, and in the end they were finally able to confirm that it was a faulty cell in the battery causing the drain.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Even if you'd gotten another battery on warranty, it'd still be another junk Honda battery. Go get a better one aftermarket and all the peace of mind that comes with it.

At about three thousand miles and less than a year old, mine had to have new tires, a new battery, a new headlight bulb, and a new ABS modulator because the brake pedal kept going to the floor. I let Honda do the brakes but the rest I paid for and am happy to have a better quality battery that doesn't leave me stranded in the cold, tires that can go in a straight line at highway speeds, and headlights that actually work. I love the vehicle but Honda sure does like to use cheap tires and batteries.

·
Registered
751 Posts
yup mine is still "in warranty" and they wont do sheit to it,just want to charge me to do nothing.so when the battery died and honda said 181.00 I told them and every body in the dealer ship about the honda warranty scam. then went to wally world for a $65.00 battery.my e has 2 many issues and they wont do squat. contacted american honda is a joke. first guy said yes all that is covered & they will reimburse me,struts,battery,filters,what ever was wrong with the car,then the next guy said yes it's under warranty,but and hear it comes,just drive around the state and try to get someone to fix it. yes the honda warranty is a scam!!! so if you ever see a cargo cahki with lemons painted on it saying honda warranty scam !!! it could be mine.
Batteries are wear and tear items, good luck with getting any warranty replacement on them. Same for filters and struts. Also, if I recall correctly, a Cargo Kaki E is well out of the bumper to bumper warranty.

I would not recommend any aftermarket warranty as I have not heard enough good about them. It seems the aftermarket warranty doesn't actually cover anything.

·
Banned
395 Posts
I think the last year for Khaki was 2005? so it would be well out of the 3 yr/36k warranty as well as the 5/yr 100k extended.
a battery is what? $60?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts