Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Every thing about my experience at Precision Honda was top notch.... except, they told me about their plan to pay $250 to folks who brought them business. This was the case with the Civic I helped my son buy. I was told it would take about 2 weeks to get the "bounty" but it has been almost 5 weeks now. An e-mail was sent and ignored and a call to the general manager only got return call from their finance manager who told me that he would call me the first thing the next morning. He didn't and he also hasn't returned the call I made to him yesterday.

It may not be the case but it sure looks like I was lied to. If they had never mentioned the money I would have nothing but good things to say about them. But, they did mention it. I didn't bring it up they did. I guess after the sale they don't give a "quack" about their customers. That makes them no different than the chuckle heads at Jerry Damson.

It is a shame when an organization comes so close to greatness only to have their pants fall off at the finish line. Funny, I had the impression that they had never given out the bounty before and that I would never see the check. I guess my "gut", which is considerable, was correct.

Shame on you Precision Honda. You really whizzed on your pants leg this time.

Ron

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Hmmmph...they never offered me $250 for a referral. :mad:

...at least I don't think so. I was too busy looking at the salesperson to remember what she said. She was hot ;-)

Sorry for the trouble, Ron. If you want, Tombo and I can meet you up there and we could bust some heads. :D

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Bird Brain,

This normally called a "Bird Dog" fee.... I'm really surprised they have not manned up on this... Write the Sales Manager (CC the General Manager) a short letter expressing your disapointment with the dealership. You should get a response and a check shortly thereafter. JMO

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I enjoyed the story.......you have a way with words !!!!

It is a shame when an organization comes so close to greatness only to have their pants fall off at the finish line

You really whizzed on your pants leg this time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I enjoyed the story.......you have a way with words !!!!

It is a shame when an organization comes so close to greatness only to have their pants fall off at the finish line

You really whizzed on your pants leg this time.
Yes, who doesn't enjoy reading about someone "whizzing on their pant legs"!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the trouble, Ron. If you want, Tombo and I can meet you up there and we could bust some heads. :D
Better yet, there is a really good Mexican place next door. Why don't we fill our guts with some of that fine food and go into the show room and "express" ourselves. ;-)

Thanks Orange. I have had a couple of calls and an e-mail survey from Honda America just last week. I assure you that my comments were much more "colorfull" there.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
If they are like most dealers, they make most of their profit from after sales services over the life of the cars they sell. If you have an alternative for a servicing dealer, you can use that as leverage.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If they are like most dealers, they make most of their profit from after sales services over the life of the cars they sell. If you have an alternative for a servicing dealer, you can use that as leverage.
As a matter of fact the salesman who sold me the two Hondas we bought from them in less than a month send me a letter Friday reminding me of their service department. This after he ignored my e-mail.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will be dipped in dog doo. Yesterday I got the check. I guess I will have to take them off of the special list I keep.

I talked to the General Manager 3 weeks ago and he promised a check in one week. Every week I would call him and lave a message about the missing check. I will call him and let him know about Precision Honda being removed from my list.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pat Peck Honda did the same thing to me. When I inquired "Where's my money", they went stupid on me, acted like I dreamed the whole thing up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts