Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
time for new shocks. 2003 ex with 188,000 miles and still strong.
any suggestions on what to buy? I do drive trails and desert roads so i want something more robust than the stock ones.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
sorry, nothing out there exists for the E. It is a shame because I think there are enough buyers out there that are looking for that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah you're all right. you can get after market racing suspensions. i even saw some rally ones for civic. the shocks have lasted but i broke stabalizer links twice.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
just what kind of offroading do you do in an element thats that rough.

ide stay with breaking stabilizer bushings. who knows where the next weakest link will be?

they sell lift kits for the element.

im sure you could get coil-overs and keep them at OEM height or higher if lucky or. coil-overs + lift kit and you can basically have your off road suspension.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The rear stabilizer links I assume? I was looking at those the other day and they do look puny in comparison.

Maybe, if you have the money, go to a 4WD place and see if they if they can hook you up with detachable links. That's a must for going off-road when the terrain is ultra-even as even on a truck or Jeep you will have issues. Then, you'd have 4 wheel independent suspension!

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Something to keep in mind when talking about the Element suspension, especially on rough roads - the front anti-sway bar is quite a bit stiffer than the rear one. You can tell by looking at its diameter, or by putting one front wheel up on the curb. You should see more suspension depression in the opposite rear wheel.

That, plus the heavier front end, means that on uneven terrain, you are more likely to fly a rear wheel than a front one. Put a front wheel in a hole, the opposite rear is likely to leave the ground. Given that the E is, by default, a front wheel car, that is not a bad thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts