Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just getting into the market for a used Element. I've got a limit to what I can spend but I'm having a hard time getting a handle on what a good price is and where to find good deals for a used Element. I'm looking at an '03 with 105K for $7,000. Seems a bit high but seem wildly varying prices on the web and I have little sense of how long the Element will go without needing serious maintenance. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm no expert, but I'm on my 3rd Honda ('03 Accord, '05 Civic and now my '06 EX-P) and I don't know your price range. But I would avoid the '03 Elements. I'd venture to say that the only pitfall for Honda's is the first model year for a re-design. A lot of little things went wrong in my Accord (compressor twice within 50k, fan motor within 50k, power window motor 60k). The '01 Civic my buddy had also had some things go wrong with it, that don't seem to go bad in the 2nd-5th year of production.

Just my opinion, but definitely don't buy an '03. I love Honda's, always will, but I'm not buying a new one that's fresh off a redesign, or in this case, fresh off the drawing board.

Honda always thinks their vehicles through very thoroughly before releasing them, but I just wouldn't chance it.

My two cents.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I bought an 03 almost 2 years ago. It is the most wonderful car I have ever owned.
Not ONE mechanical issue, nothing to complain about---She has 93,000 miles on her. If anything ever happened to her, I'd be out looking for another 03 in a heartbeat:rolleyes::cool: now I need to go sulk in the corner because I just thought about something bad happening to her

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm no expert, but I'm on my 3rd Honda ('03 Accord, '05 Civic and now my '06 EX-P) and I don't know your price range. But I would avoid the '03 Elements. I'd venture to say that the only pitfall for Honda's is the first model year for a re-design. A lot of little things went wrong in my Accord (compressor twice within 50k, fan motor within 50k, power window motor 60k). The '01 Civic my buddy had also had some things go wrong with it, that don't seem to go bad in the 2nd-5th year of production.

Just my opinion, but definitely don't buy an '03. I love Honda's, always will, but I'm not buying a new one that's fresh off a redesign, or in this case, fresh off the drawing board.

Honda always thinks their vehicles through very thoroughly before releasing them, but I just wouldn't chance it.

My two cents.

I bought a used '03 ..........had it for 2 years and no problems so I disagree.:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts