Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
First of all, hello! I've been poking around these forums for the past week or so while I've been looking at (possibly) my first Element.

I've wanted an Element for a long time, and my wife and I are looking to get a decently-priced vehicle in order to get rid of our Jeep (which has ended up costing us more in repairs than what we bought it for). Our first child is on her way, and we need something practical, reliable, and affordable.

The Element that we are looking at can be seen here. We took it for a test drive last week and it looks and drives like a dream. It's hard to imagine a high-mileage vehicle would look so good after eight years. The seller has had oil changes performed every 2,500 miles and all maintenance has been taken care of right on schedule. The main concern we have is, of course, the mileage. I've done some research and I have read that Honda is famous for making cars that will last. Do you think we could squeeze another 50,000 to 100,000 miles out of her? We only drive 5 to 10 miles per day, with maybe five or six out-of-town excursions each year. We got him down to $5,900, for what it's worth.

Thank you so much for your time and help!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm no pro but if she drove nice I probably would. Well taken care of & driven hi-way miles most good vehicles will run 300,000 & the E is a good vehicle. :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
And the suicide door makes for easy baby loading and unloading. Congrats on the offspring. I'm the proud papa of a 13 month old little girl.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Should I buy a 2004 EX with 200,000 miles?
ONLY if you have it checked out by an independent mechanic (preferably one that specializes in Hondas or at least imports). It may cost you as much as $100 for a pre-purchase inspection but it will give you peace of mind before handing over your money.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, we did it! We picked it up today and we are loving it so far! Thanks for all of your advice! I'm looking forward to hanging out around here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts