Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have not been driving my element much for the last 2 years..i am the original owner,it is a 7 years old car with only 58000miles, i have been using full syn motor oil since its first oil change. anyways.last oil changed was done back in may 25th,2009. its almost been a year and i only put on about 2800 miles on it since last oil change.
should i go ahead and give my E an oil change now or wait until it reaches 5000 miles ?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Hmmmm, this could open a can of worms
My recommendation would be time based on the little bit of driving you have been doing - it's really an either or thing
if the recommendation is every 6 moths or 10000 miles, it is which ever comes first, in your case, the time interval - follow the manufacters recommendation

A 2003 with only 58K, I might be interested in buying if you can get it to Kansas City....................................... (love the color !)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm, this could open a can of worms
My recommendation would be time based on the little bit of driving you have been doing - it's really an either or thing
if the recommendation is every 6 moths or 10000 miles, it is which ever comes first, in your case, the time interval - follow the manufacters recommendation

A 2003 with only 58K, I might be interested in buying if you can get it to Kansas City....................................... (love the color !)
yeah it still shines like new..no ding or dent.and non smoker..garage kept its whole life.EX 4WD,auto tranny.but unfortunately its not for sell.. here is a pic

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i went ahead and gave my element a fresh oil change at 58680 miles.i use full syn mobile 1 5w-20w as usual with oem honda oil filter. :grin:

·
Registered
348 Posts
2800 / yr could mean a lot of things.

Driving it 7 miles round trip every day would be much harder on the oil than drving the car for 50 miles once during a week.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Every six to 8 months. I would say a year if it is not a daily driver and is stored in a garage or or other climate controlled place.This is regardless of synthetic or dino oil. Additives are the ones that degrade over time and use, not the base oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts