Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have splashguards and was thinking of the oem ones at H and A. I did a bit of a search and can't figure out if they're functional or more of a just-for-looks accessory. I can't believe how much winter crap splatters up the sides of my E. I know the guards won't stop it all but will they at least cut down on the amount of sloppage? So, what do you think - are splashguards worth it? Oem? Aftermarket? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'd say they are worth it..........they may not keep everything off the E, but the majority of it & all the big stuff....... my opinion...

ps, I've got front & rears..... :razz:

·
Registered
836 Posts
i got the fronts used off here and enjoy them alot they help keep most but not everything off the E.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks! I think I'll get them. That was easy :)

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,522 Posts
Even tho you've made up your mind, I DEFINITELY recommend. I have all four and they keep the snow and rain kickup to a minimum, resulting in less on the paint.... :roll::razz::razz:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would recommend them as well.

I got mine (Honda OEM, set of 4) from a dealer on Ebay for $49.00 + $9.95 shipping...check around there, maybe they have some left.

Jim

·
Registered
80 Posts
They do have them for your Element for $49.00, but I noticed the shipping is much higher...not sure why ($17.10 vs $9.95?). Not sure how this compares to HandA's price plus shipping. Check it out if you are still in the market...

Seller is: bas0_5
Store is: Baldwin Auto Supply

Jim

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
They do have them for your Element for $49.00, but I noticed the shipping is much higher...not sure why ($17.10 vs $9.95?). Not sure how this compares to HandA's price plus shipping. Check it out if you are still in the market...

Seller is: bas0_5
Store is: Baldwin Auto Supply

Jim
Thanks for the info Jim!! I've ordered plenty from HandA but I went ahead and ordered them from Baldwin Auto Supply for $65.51 total. They were $67.20 at HandA with $10.58 shipping for $77.78 total. Not a huge difference but every $ counts toward another mod or accessory. Thanks again.

It's been too snowy to mount splash guards :roll: but hopefully it will warm up enough when these get shipped.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Although I myself have Splash Guards, I should point out that every poster prior to me must be high on crack cocaine. Categorically, THEY DO NOT WORK 99% OF THE TIME. Do they look good? I must think so, because I got them, knowing full well they don't actually do a thing!

Following is clear, unmistakable evidence of just how "effective" they are. You may notice a smallish inverted triangle of paint just past the front wheel well that is not freshly wet or slush covered. But you will also notice that the entire length and significantly up the sides, most of the side of the Element is wet or slush coated from the rocker panel up to the line between the sheet metal and plastic cladding joint.

If this is any sane person's definition of "they work great at preventing splashing the side of the car," I want the money back I spent obtaining my Bachelor's Degree in English. Facts are facts, but opinions (obviously) do not require factual content.

Sidesteps, on the other hand, are just the opposite. They're much more effective at actually protecting the sides of your Element from road spray, but I personally don't like the way they look. So I consciously chose what I thought looked good and don't really care that they're essentially useless.

It's perfectly OK to make choices knowing they may be vain but otherwise illogical. Just don't go changing the meaning of words to justify what you like. The actual truth isn't dangerous here, folks. :shock:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I completely disagree with you. My mud, snow and slush collector works perfectly. Why just this past snowstorm, I had huge blocks of ice behind every one of my wheels. And as best as I can tell from your pics, your collectors are working just fine too!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I was wondering if I'd get any negative opinions before I bought them but I didn't. Any more might have stopped me but it's a little late. The "high on crack cocaine" opinions won this time. Your photos do show a good deal of road slop but it's also all over the front area as well. If the road splatter's that bad of course it's going to get down the sides and everywhere else. The best thing to do is to form my own opinon after I install them. I'll post in a week or two as we still get a lot of snow in March. Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's the deal according to Honda - "Genuine Factory Honda Element splash guards, Set of 4. Injection molded thermoplastic, helps protect rocker panel from minor road debris."

Pictures above clearly show excessive road debris so of course they would fail. Not to argue but I like the look as well and will be ordering a set soon. To each his own though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the info Jim!! I've ordered plenty from HandA but I went ahead and ordered them from Baldwin Auto Supply for $65.51 total. They were $67.20 at HandA with $10.58 shipping for $77.78 total. Not a huge difference but every $ counts toward another mod or accessory. Thanks again.
Hey no problem. I was thrilled to find OEM splash guards for my SC so cheap.
Best price I had found anywhere. Least I could do is help someone else save some cash...

As far as how they work? We don't get much snow here (!), so in the rain and mud they are certainly adequate. And I like the way they look on the SC...

·
Registered
2010 Honda Element
195 Posts
baldwin splash guards

he doesn't seem to have any listed for the 2010 element (non-sc)...
(they wouldn't be the same ones, would they?)

i had the dealer take them off (dealer-installed option),
& i'm hoping to find some that'll install exactly the same way,
using the same holes or whatever.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Some of that road spray comes from the other cars on the road and there is only one thing you can do to avoid that. Don't drive!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts