Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have fallen in LOVE with the Elements. Need help on deciding though. Don't care too much about the cooler in the EX but kind of wanted the storage units on top but I dont think the higher price for the EX is worth that little extra. Is there more to the EX that I am missing or should I just get the LX 4x4?
Really wish it still came in kiwi so for now torn between the CFM or OBP. (I know. Big difference!)
Does anybody know if you can fit 2 adult bikes and one kid's bike inside? I was thinking of getting the ball and hitch and then getting the bike rack to pull but thanks to this forum I've discovered the Aeropacks which would save tons of money. So thinking I can somehow get the 3 bikes inside-still need one seat for passenger in back however-and put luggage in Aeropack on back for trips to the shore. Any advice will help and I appreciate your time and thoughts!

·
Registered
155 Posts
its a tough decision, but i think w/ an active family and bike riding the E is a great fit

that said, i think you would be wise to invest in the hitch and bike rack option rather than trying to get 3 bikes into the back and still hoping to have someone sit in the rear seat. personally i think it could be done IF you had both seats up(if not possibly out), not sure they would all fit w/ only one chair up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are right and I realized today that the kids bike will not be a kids bike for long and very soon i will have 3 adult bikes to deal with. Thanks for your help since I am trying to think out every possible instance before I buy. Now to decide on color. I hope my dealer will special order OPB since I haven't seen one yet there.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Look for an 08. in kiwi. the AWD's came with a moonroof in the 08 model. I have fit 2 bikes in the back (on one side only) with their tires off, and i think a child's bike would have also fit, but it would be a bit of a hassle, and not necessarily the safest thing for the kid in the back.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have had three bikes and three people inside many times. You have to take one seat out, take the tires off, and have two bikes facing one direction and one in the middle facing the opposite way.

QQQ

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. I did find a pristine kiwi 2008 awd that i picked up today. Seller collects cars and has a garage full of all kinds so it's barely driven. I saved over $8000 from new and I got the color I want with the sunroof. Still smells new. I have to get used to it. I feel like a UPS driver in it. Kinda wierd yet. My other car is a 2000 Nissan Altima Gle that I can't part with. Hope I get used to my funkybus and love it as much as my nissan. I have not tried to get bikes in yet. I'll evaluate that problem tomorrow. I thought my father in law would hate it. He loves it! I can't get him out of it and he even took it for a drive. Another E fan! Thanks everybody in helping me choose my E and all the advice on bikes and deer. Hope to make friends soon in here.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The kiwi was, of course, a wise choice.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Thanks for the help. I did find a pristine kiwi 2008 awd that i picked up today. Seller collects cars and has a garage full of all kinds so it's barely driven. I saved over $8000 from new and I got the color I want with the sunroof. Still smells new. I have to get used to it. I feel like a UPS driver in it. Kinda wierd yet. My other car is a 2000 Nissan Altima Gle that I can't part with. Hope I get used to my funkybus and love it as much as my nissan. I have not tried to get bikes in yet. I'll evaluate that problem tomorrow. I thought my father in law would hate it. He loves it! I can't get him out of it and he even took it for a drive. Another E fan! Thanks everybody in helping me choose my E and all the advice on bikes and deer. Hope to make friends soon in here.
you'd make more friends if you posted pictures....................

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everybody! pics definately coming. i have a zillion pics on my camera and it will take over an hour to load into computer, blah blah blah. will try on the weekend. i know. i love pics on here too!
btw. no way i can get more than 2 bikes in it. my bike is a huge boardwalk cruiser and i cant take the tire off. i have to lower the handlebars to get that one in and then cram my son's bike in. so i guess hitch coming in my future. i kept my nissan altima in case i didn't love my E but after 5 days I am ready to sell it. I won't get in anything now but my E. Love it!
Thanks everybody. Looks like I am in good company!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Congrats on the kiwi -Wise color choice! When you were loading up the bikes did you try taking one seat right out? I've seen plenty pictures through the years of lots of bikes racked up in the blessed E.:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
As previously posted - I can get three MT bikes (or road) in - easy. Or I can get my wife's beach cruiser and that is all. We call her cruiser the lead sled - it weighs more and takes up more room then any three of our other bikes.

QQQ

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my bike alone barely fits. its a boardwalk cruiser Torker. i have to lower the handlebars. I'll never get my bike, my husband's bike and my son's bike all in it. My plan is to look into the bike hitch and rack by next summer's beach trip. Thanks to all for everything!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts