Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Honda Element with 101,440 miles on it.

The rubber on the front engine mount is cracked. I don't think they can see the condition of the other 3 mounts without pulling the engine out.

My question is, is it better to get all 4 engine mounts replaced at the same time? Or if only front and back are cracked, should I just only do those two and leave the right and left mounts to be replaced at a later when they have cracked?

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
> don't think they can see the condition of the other 3 mounts without pulling the engine out
Not sure that's so.

I see only three rubber mounts listed:

"Rubber assy., RR. engine mounting" (p/n 50810-S7D-003, #1 in illustration below) list $88, online about $64
"Rubber assy., transmission mounting (AT)" (50815-SCV-A84, #2) $99 / $71
"Rubber, engine side mounting" (50821-SCV-A02, #3) $56 / $41

There's also "Stopper, FR. engine (AT)" (50840-SCV-A81, #8) $39 / $28, but I'm not sure whether that part is a mount or not.

Anyway ... given the cost of labor and the age of all the parts, replacing them all at once probably makes sense.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Window Weld

Can you tell me a little bit more about Window Weld?
I just found out, my rear engine mount need to be replaced. The engine bangs back a little when I accel moderately. Will the window weld withhold the heat in teh engine bay? Thanks a lot -Kappu

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Don't try to jury rig it. Just have the mounts replaced. The one on the passenger side takes about 15 minutes. The transmission one takes a little more than an hour. You have to remove the battery and tray. Here is a video on the third
I'm not sure about the fourth (back).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts