Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, about to plunk down the cash for the 09; but isn't 2010 coming out in about 2 months? Any news on this from people in the dealers? Shouldn't I wait (except afraid I will lose out on the $3500 clunker money)?
thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in the same boat. On the other hand, when the 2010's come out, the 2009's should drop in price a little, no?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
The 2009 came out very late (between October or November 2008). So who knows when will the 2010 come out. No point on asking a dealer, they have no clue about our beloved Elements. :-:)-x

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ok, about to plunk down the cash for the 09; but isn't 2010 coming out in about 2 months? Any news on this from people in the dealers? Shouldn't I wait (except afraid I will lose out on the $3500 clunker money)?
thanks
.......we're hoping there is a 2010 !

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same question and went with an '09. I took the clunker money and was worried the funding would run out. The changes for '10 should be minor, hard to find any information. I would guess the clunker funds will be long gone before there are any '10s on the lot.

If you wait a few weeks there may be some incentives from Honda though on the '09s.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
You're going to have a rough time finding a new '08 in '10 :D

Everybody knows that the '08s were the best year to get.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
thanks
The clunker money wont last another two weeks. If you want to take
advantage of that, do it now!!! The 10 will be EXACTLY the same as
the 09. If you want the Dog Friendly edition, then you will have to wait.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I want the dog friendly accessories! :)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'm thinking you should be able to retrofit the dog friendly parts on an 09 easily enough.

I also agree the CFC funds should be quickly going away. If anything, even a subtle hint of it will make the dealers a bit apprehensive on whether they're getting their cash back. Come to think of it, since most are now making you sign that you'll have to pony up the funds if they don't get the CFC cash, you're that much farther down the line if waiting.

I'm never one to rush big decisions. But, if you want that cash for clunkers money I would think you need to move quickly.

·
Registered
575 Posts
08's are nice, but no side curtain airbags, necessary to me.
hhh hmmm???????????????????????????????????? Ya they do:) Don't believe any saftey feature was added to the 09 were there?

Edit: Oh and +1 for 08's being the best! I wish I had bought another one just to store for when I need it:)

·
Registered
213 Posts
If Honda continues the E for 2010 I doubt there will be very many changes from the 2009 since it had a major freshening this year. The dog friendly model and accessories are probably the biggest changes we will see. IMHO

Hopefully we will see a new E in 2011 or 2012.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Longer you wait the less you get to enjoy it

If you see one that you fall for I would go ahead and pull the trigger. Who knows when we'll see the 2010's or if we will or how much they will be so get it and start enjoying your E:)

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have to agree. The Element production schedule seems to be on it's own schedule, and since there was a significant "styling" change in the 2009 model, I think you can be pretty confident 2010 Elements will be the same as the 09 models. The only addition I could see would a new color or discontinuing one of the '09 colors...

The other change is a 'dog-friendly' version of the Element is coming out next year, which has features for dogs (check out the Honda.com website) for more specs and photos....

·
Registered
49 Posts
I drove by my dealer this afternoon, and they only had one left on the lot. They had 5 or 6 a couple of weeks ago. I don't think they had all that many to begin with. Life's too short to live without an E!

I know. I hope I don't have to leave the State to find one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts