Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went hunting out on the farm for mushroom pics last night after a request for some spores and found a TON of other mushrooms. Apparently the cool, moist weather we've been having for the past few weeks is ideal for mushroom fruiting and I found a lot of 'em!

These seemed to be growing almost right out of the rock!

These pics don't show the scale well, each lobe of this guy was almost twice the size of my hand!

More to come...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These are probably deadly as all hell, but really cool looking!

Whoopsy, I think that's the remains of the last EOC'er I invited out to the farm...must've dropped that piece during dinner...

Finally found what I'm looking for, and it's a good thing since it's getting dark at this point!

Of course I hike all this way and FORGET TO BRING A BAG! Never, EVER carry an unknown mushroom with your bare hands! Luckily ingenuity is on my side! A little searching, a little picking, and voila: Grass Bag!

On the way back down I had to turn on my big LED light bar to find my way around. I tried to take a few pics with it instead of flash, most of them didn't turn out too great but I got a few keepers.

And I got another nice pic of the same mushroom in its immature state:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Hey Twi...!

Why do I keep thinking of some thin crust, tomato sauce and fresh whole-milk mozzarella...? Man, you got me so hungry so late at night...!!! Those things look so good...!!! Oh, good point about safe-handling them 'shrooms...!

They have pro-spore handlers out here that have classes/field trips and I'm guessing that at least half of those shots are poisonous/deadly fungi... <<shivers>> I've seen the autopsy results of some of the results of eating them... >>shivers<< Brrrrrr...!!! Sca-wee... Veh-wee sca-wee...

LBD

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Desinia,

Twi's probably snoozing after his "power-hike"... So I've quoted from the Bonfire thread... This is where it all started...

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56826&page=10

Post #91... Explanation below...

Found it, it's a Lycoperdon echinatum. However on my hike this evening after work to find them again I found a ton of other interesting shrooms. STILL uploading the pics though, I might just pause it and do it tomorrow at work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycoperdon_echinatum
LBD

PS: LOVE your avatar... That wouldn't happen to be you free-diving with the manta...?

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Twi...!

Why do I keep thinking of some thin crust, tomato sauce and fresh whole-milk mozzarella...? Man, you got me so hungry so late at night...!!! Those things look so good...!!! Oh, good point about safe-handling them 'shrooms...!
I've eaten wild mushrooms that I've found while hiking before, but only after extensive verification from several independent sources. Some are easy as pie to identify (morels for instance) but others like chicken-of-the-woods mushrooms have to be carefully cross-checked before eating. Still delicious though!

Dammit now I'm making myself hungry! :mad:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Dang Jet...!

You ate all those...? Gryhoudz' example looks like a Dorito (Nacho Cheese) chip gone to hell... Yours look like a Yukon Gold baby potato with cottage cheese on it and the rest like regular mushrooms except that last one... Glad to have a "shroom expert" available on the forum...!!!

LBD

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Desinia,
PS: LOVE your avatar... That wouldn't happen to be you free-diving with the manta...?
I named my E after one of the main characters in several of my books. Here's a blurb from one of the promos...

"Heroines are made – not born…

These are the chronicles of Desinia, a young woman who sneaks out to buy shoes for her wedding and instead, finds herself transformed into a mermaid and living in exile on a tiny island halfway around the world from home. Along with a handful of other women who share her fate, and along with their husbands and families, they find that their new lives are destined to not only make them the saviors of the human civilization, but eventually, the tiny nation of New Atlantis will lead the rest of Humanity to the stars."

BTW, the avatar was shamelessly stolen from the internet and I don't know who made it originally. Here's another image found that I'd dearly love to find the original author of is. It matches the book's themes so well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Desinia,

Very nice...! Don't you love the internet...?

Pardon the side-bar Twi...!

LBD

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Isn't that redundant? Don't all mushrooms have unusual properties? :rolleyes:
The ones you showed certainly do. I especially loved the pic of that hairy looking one - but then again, most of my education involves which ones can go in the frying pan with butter and a little salt. Since I didn't recognize most of what you were showing, I went hungry that night. (sigh...)

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.