Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a 2002-2005 Honda Civic SI (EP3) shift boot in the E? on the manual trans shift boot in our E's the shift knob locks into the boot. I have noticed on the SI, the boot does not lock into the knob, so that would allow us to switch out the knob later if we wanted to. I was just wondering if anyone has done this, because I am thinking about getting one very soon..

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, sorry please delete one

·
Registered
176 Posts
Shift boot

Has anyone put a 2002-2005 Honda Civic SI (EP3) shift boot in the E? on the manual trans shift boot in our E's the shift knob locks into the boot. I have noticed on the SI, the boot does not lock into the knob, so that would allow us to switch out the knob later if we wanted to. I was just wondering if anyone has done this, because I am thinking about getting one very soon..
There's another thread on here about that.
You may have to re-sew it and custom fit it.

Go to SEARCH: Shift Boot

good luck...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, but i was not talking about the cloth one. In the Civic SI (EP3) it has a rubber boot like the one in the E, but it doesnt lock into the shift knob. Also, the boot is black and not the gray like in the E.

Im just looking to see if anyone else has done this. I might do it soon because the boot is $50 (my employee cost, and I could get one for someone else too at that cost) and there would be no modification needed. I also have to take my dash console apart because I have a heater control light that is out..

·
Registered
557 Posts
Are you sure that's an Si? The one I drove had the stick on the ground in the center console and had a sqaure-ish boot.

·
Registered
557 Posts
That is the older hatchback SI, cant remeber what year that was.
I drove one from the 2000ish era (I believe) and the 2007, and both had it on the center console in front of the cup holders. Maybe it swapped up then they switched it back.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the hatchback one that I am talking about is 2001-2005. The one with the cloth boot is the newest one 2006-2010.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts