Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few times while out and about I'll notice the "Side Airbag Light Off" flashing in my '05 EX, anyone else ever experience this?

It'll do it for about 15 seconds or so, the light comes on for a couple seconds and off for a couple seconds, etc. Then off it goes for a while.

Tonite happened 3 times over the course of an hour.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tom

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
do you have soemthing sitting on your passenger seat or are you sitting in your seat differently? the ocupent sensors in the seat are likely seeing someone that is not sitting correctly or an ocupent (whatever is in the passenger seat) that is too small and might be hurt by the airbag.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That musta been it! Had some groceries in the seat.

Figured it must have been something simple!

Thanks!

Tom

·
Registered
31 Posts
I noticed that the "Passenger Air Bag OFF" light came on the other day. It took me a couple minutes to figure out that I had Sula riding shotgun, strapped into the passenger seat and she weighs next to nothing. Un-strapped her and no more light issues. I guess the seat sensor prevents an airbag deploying and injuring a small child should they be placed (by an idiot) in the front seat.

Sula's going beltless from now on...I'll just have to take corners a bit more slowly...LOL

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts