Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been calling a few dealerships around SoCal, and no one seems to sure about when side air bags will be out. One dealer said they'd be able to order them by the end of May.

However, he was saying that the airbag option would be over $1000, which seemed surprising. Since this is the only thing holding me back from buying right now, does anybody know what the estimate is for the side airbags will cost?

·
Registered
8 Posts
:evil:

My dealership seemed to think they started building them last Saturday and said it takes 4 days to build. THen they'd trade another dealership for it for me. They never gave me a straight answer about the delay until today. They said that the computers showed them being built and now the date has been pushed back to june 16. BS! I'm soooooooooooo irritated. They haven't said a word about how much extra. Someone post when they get a straight answer!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Without question the side airbag option is NOT $1000. It is $250 more than the same vehicle equipped without the SRS option. The earliest build dates I have seen so far for the 4WD EX auto's are 5/31-6/4. Then add a couple weeks on for delivery to the dealers. I haven't seen these dates pushed back yet, but it could easily happen. The 5spd 4WD EX's got pushed back a lot, so it could happen with the SRS options too.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I made a phone call to Honda America about 3 weeks ago. At that time, I was told that they would begin building the models with side airbags on Monday, May 12. Don't know if they made it but I sure hope so since I have one on order.

Definitely $250 and definitely the dealers can order now but delivery will probably not be until August if ordered today, or so I am told by my salesman.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've ordered an EX with Side Air Bags. The salesperson told me yesterday that it is to be built on the 16th of June, and then it would take a week or so for delivery to the dealership. Also, I was quoted $250 on my order for the model with the Side Air Bags. It seems this is the standard pricing for most all Honda products with the bags.

If anyone has any other news or has been told something different, please post.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Units with side airbags are on the lot in Scottsdale, Az. as of last Friday (05/23/03)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The side air bag adds an "S" to the designation. I'll be getting mine in an hour! I can't really determine what it cost, as the Side airbag is not listed as an option. However, I paid 19.4k, so it can't cost more than a few hundred.

Thanks to everyone who kept me informed! It took a lot of patience to wait for the extra safety feature!

robert

·
Registered
8 Posts
For those of you looking for an E with side airbags:
I ordered my EX with side air bags Monday and it is scheduled to get here this Friday [6/11/03]. When I asked the salesman about the availability of side airbags he told me "they're not available now; maybe some time next year".
When I told him I saw on this web site that people were already ordering Elements w/side airbags he told me to hold on. Ten minutes later he was doing a dealer trade to get the car here this week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts