Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While washing our E my husband accidently broke the passenger side mirror. We drove for a while with it and finally ordered one from the dealer. I nearly fell over when the bill for a mirrow was $58 - $64 with tax. Now I had just read that a new front bumber was only $199 so I was prepared for a $30 mirror.

I have 3 questions.

1. Did I get suckered??
2. Where else should I have looked for a mirror, for future reference??
3. Does anyone know if this mirror just snaps in?? We have not looked at it closely yet, but we figured that it would not be too hard.

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
To be honest, that doesn't seem all that bad to me, considering that it's a power mirror that has to be "wired in" and all that.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I was not clear.... He broke the mirrow glass and we got a mirrow with a plastic frame holding the glass and 4 clips on the back. No casing or wiring involved

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't think you have been ripped off. I pulled a real boner today and took off my passenger side mirror assy with the garage door frame. That faux pas set me back 93 bucks for the entire assy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Let's keep this quiet... we don't want to alarm anyone with the soon-to-be-imfamous "flimsy-passenger-side-mirror-when-we-smack-it-into-things" problem! :lol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
You've got to be joking, these problems are exactly the type of issues that should be brought out about a new vehicle. I'm sure Honda is smart enough to monitor this website and see what people that bought this box are thinking and saying as a source of information about how to improve their vehicle. While most everyone that has an E loves it, it is far from perfect... The break away (literally) mirrors are just another example.

By the way, I think the E is one of the hottest cars on the market despite the shortcomings, I give Honda a lot of credit for breaking some new ground with a reasonably well thought out vehicle - but it is far from perfect!

·
Registered
204 Posts
[quote:15daa1cad0="H20"]You've got to be joking[/quote:15daa1cad0]

Easy there H20, I may be wrong but I certainly read Aykew's post to be quite tongue-in-cheek, complete with the obligatory " :lol: " to indicate that they were indeed joking.

Rest assured that the majority of the membership want a balanced view of all things E, not just positive, and not just negative.

No harm, no foul.

Now back to our irregularly scheduled missives...

·
Registered
113 Posts
[quote:3740903fdf="H20"]You've got to be joking, [/quote:3740903fdf]

No worries, no worries... I was indeed kidding. Mirrors (and mirror assemblies) break when we smack things into them! It's not a feature, not a bug, just the way things are. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts