Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered the side mouldings? My husband says I should get them but when I looked on the Handa accesory website, the mouldings look like they mount so low on the doors that they wouldn't be of much use in protecting the doos from dings. Any input?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
those are rocker panels which really are for looks alone and youa re correct, have no real value..

·
Registered
608 Posts
let me add, depending on the color of you Element, they look horrible. We got a green E and the rocker panels just looked so bad on it, the dealer wanted us to come down to see them before he put them on it. Needless to say, we did not get them. The same thing for the rear air deflector.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
the rocker panel, side step, and the tail deflector are all painted a silver color to match each other, but do not match any of the other metallic items on the exterior of the vehicle, so they do look odd especially if you only get one of the items instead of all of them.

So useless & odd looking!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured those rocker panels were just for looks. My Element is Black and I want to protect her from door dings. I did get the paint sealed but am wondering what else I can do. Of course the first day I drove her I parked in Timbuktu and STILL a rusted out Accord with plenty of "dings" parked right next to me. I know she'll get scratched eventually I just want to prevent it as much as I can. Has anyone tried after market side mouldings?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts