Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, has anyone else experienced this; yesterday my friend was getting into the back of the Element and mistakenly stepped on the black plastic trim piece under the door sill. There was a loud snap and the trim was hanging by the single screw that holds it to the fender arch. His leg slid down the sill and left him with a nicely bruised and scraped shin. He's going to be OK but the trim piece may be toast. I was able to re-attach it but some of the attachment points may have been "compromised".

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The piece is held on with a plastic snap system. Odds are the snap itself broke and not the side skirt. They pull off and the snaps can be purchased from H&A or your dealer.

Thanks for the reply. The plastic snaps look to be OK but a couple of the places where the snaps attach to the trim piece are broken. So, I'm guessing new trim piece maybe in order? I wonder if H&A would have that?

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Thanks for the reply. The plastic snaps look to be OK but a couple of the places where the snaps attach to the trim piece are broken. So, I'm guessing new trim piece maybe in order? I wonder if H&A would have that?
If the slots where the snaps go in are broken then yes, you most likely need a new trim piece.

Unfortunately H&A won't sell parts like that online. You can try Majestic Honda or some others that sell parts online.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Side Sill Snapped

I can certainly see from the picture why someone would be tempted to step on the sill trim, I'm going to take a closer look at mine to see if it can be beefed up somehow (or just get some "no step" stickers to put on the sill trim).

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered 4 small "no step" stickers from: www.bumperart.com

LOL. I may have to do that too! Part of me thinks this is somewhat of a design flaw. I don't think my friend intended to step there, but it certainly looks strong enough to step on. I know it was a rude awakening for us both.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my E at night, didnt do a good walk threw i guess. i noticed that i had a clip broken the next day on the drivers side. i told the dealer the next day. its under warranty so its free to replace.. well at least for me that is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts