Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought an old, battered set of OEM side steps from a former E owner (did not know what model he had) but when i dry fitted them, they don't extend out that much, it was still actually touching the car body.

a. is there actually a dimensional difference between the 03-04 and 05-08 side step models? especially at the brackets? or

b. it's the car body that changed?

·
Registered
541 Posts
bump this thread!
I'm curious to know the answer too, as i will be ripping off all our accessories(including sidesteps) from our '04 and putting them on our new E...2006-2008

Thanks!

·
12,179 Posts
bump this thread!
I'm curious to know the answer too, as i will be ripping off all our accessories(including sidesteps) from our '04 and putting them on our new E...2006-2008

Thanks!

The rockers panels stick out more start with the 2005's. The 2003-2004 bars don't extend out enough and are partially blocked by the rocker panels.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The rockers panels stick out more start with the 2005's. The 2003-2004 bars don't extend out enough and are partially blocked by the rocker panels.
Thanks Lizzurd!

So, I guess I'll be leaving the sidesteps on
when we trade it in. Ugh. :-(
Unless someone in NY wants to buy 'em :razz:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
So would a set of side bars from an 05+ still fit on the 03-04? Just stick out a little more?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts