Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just ordered our Element today. The only option we ordered was the side-steps. Honda's web page listed them at $439.00. $509.00 installed.
Our dealer is selling the installed version for $895.00. Are they that difficult to install? Would you recommend just ordering them and installing them yourself? Thanks.
John

·
Registered
608 Posts
johnord,

After trying to install many things, in many different cars over the years, there is not that much that a deal can do that you or I can't. If you feel comfortable with tools, do it yourself. If you don't and have the time and money, go for it.

Many gas stations who do service can also do it, and charge you less than the dealer. You may even have a friend who is into cars and good with tools, if you don't feel like you are able to do it.

I have ordered a few items from http://www.handa-accessories.com/element.html, and hope to have them in, early next week. I will let everyone know about the quality of items (I assume they are going to be great), as well as the ease of installing them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm big 6'5 it was pretty tight but I did it with no lift, creeper, anything. Took about an hour a side. Have had them on for 2 months. They are great, my 6 yearold can get in and out of the car fine now.

joe

·
Registered
57 Posts
I installed mine this morning. CarTalk was on the radio when I started and when I finished. I figure 25 minutes for the passenger side and 15 for the driver's side. By chance I selected the correct order, and recommend you start on the passenger side as it will be a way to learn before dealing with the obstructions on the driver's side. ($331 including shipping from www.hondacuraworld.com)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts