Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -- Recently I've had some older and some shorter friends and passengers have a hard time climbing into the back seat. I don't really want running boards because I don't need them for the front seats, and I think they stick out too far, so I don't want to have to step over them or risk banging my ankle or shin on them.

Has anyone ever seen / or Can anyone recommend a short side step to attach just under the suicide door? Don't know if this is even possible.

Thank you!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi -- Recently I've had some older and some shorter friends and passengers have a hard time climbing into the back seat. I don't really want running boards because I don't need them for the front seats, and I think they stick out too far, so I don't want to have to step over them or risk banging my ankle or shin on them.

Has anyone ever seen / or Can anyone recommend a short side step to attach just under the suicide door? Don't know if this is even possible.

Thank you!
I've considered taking my running boards off, but also know that my 4 y.o. son still relies on them heavily. Have considered taking the driver side off only, and leaving the passenger side to accommodate my son, but then felt weird about having an "unbalanced" look to the element.

Just put up with the running boards so that you're the one that provides a spacious easy-to-get-into vehicle for those you love. That's pretty much where I'm at. ?

·
Registered
622 Posts
i installed after market running board brackets and got a good look at how running boards are mounted on the element. the front mounts on the factory running boards are strong and have multiple bolts of attachment. front has a extension which keeps it stable. the rear most running board mount is the weakest. it has no extension and if there was no front mounts the rear mount would probably flex and possibly break.

in short, i dont think a single step board for the rear would be strong enough to be stepped on. maybe if u get a custom job done...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts