Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed Honda factory steps with only one slight difficulty. Be sure to dry fit the step brackets flat to the frame first, because the factory undercoat and seam sealants may interfere. My passenger side step bracket was held out at an angle because of this, and I cross threaded the top bolt on the step. The step is still rock solid because of the over engineering that goes into them to withstand a couple of people on them at a time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Put the steps on this past weekend and had the same experience on the passenger side. The drivers side went well except for the clearance problem around the gas tank bar. On the passenger side though it wasn't fitting flat and I started cross threading one bolt but couldn't figure out why at first. After taking that side completely back off it became clear and resassembling it went well after carefully scraping off a bit more of the undercoat. That one screw was a bit hard getting in all the way but ended up fine once I got it started straight. A nice addition :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Aloha Fyrecracker,
on your pic site with the wiring pics there is a pic of an "E" with a chromed out grill that's mod 8) do you mind if I ask where it's from??
With Aloha
scotty

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the grill is from the Lund company( made by Cloud Rider)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Today I installed the passenger side step with no problems but the driver's side is giving me hell. I gave up on the driver's step today because of the poor clearance and I ran out of daylight.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Don't worry Chumsgum, i almost did the same thing as yourself. I started with the driver side first and took almost 2 1/2 hours to INSTALL one side! Since it was total darkness, i did the other side the next day. Funny thing was i was driving to work with one side step on :D

The passenger side only took 45 mins tops but i installed my side steps in early April and this link wasn't up yet :roll:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ahhh, yes I got my driver's side step on this morning and it only took me a half hour. Best tip in the world, GOOD LIGHTING.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts