Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for Side Steps for my 2009 EX and it appears there are two types available.

On the H&A site, the side steps are completely black with a tactile looking surface, while the web photo at Bernardi Honda in MA indicates the traditional aluminum tube with the black rubberized top only.

Does anyone have information regarding these two types of side steps?

Thanks

·
12,179 Posts
I am looking for Side Steps for my 2009 EX and it appears there are two types available.

On the H&A site, the side steps are completely black with a tactile looking surface, while the web photo at Bernardi Honda in MA indicates the traditional aluminum tube with the black rubberized top only.

Thanks

2003-2008 Side Steps are silver with black pads.

2009+ are all black and squared off as opposed to the oval shape of the older steps.

H&A does show both types:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/elementext.html

·
Registered
834 Posts

Thanks
I personally like the newer designed side steps (tactile looking surface) for the 09' IMO.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Side steps

2003-2008 Side Steps are silver with black pads.

2009+ are all black and squared off as opposed to the oval shape of the older steps.

H&A does show both types:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/elementext.html
Lizzurd,

Thanks for the explanation. My confusion came from the Bernardi web site that showed an illustration of the aluminum & black side step for the 2009 Element.

I guess the photo is not correct.

Thanks for the information!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black side step

I personally like the newer designed side steps (tactile looking surface) for the 09' IMO.
I do not think the all black side steps will look good on my Element since my Element is all black and there will be no contrast at all!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Steelcraft Side Steps

I do not think the all black side steps will look good on my Element since my Element is all black and there will be no contrast at all!
Check out Steelcraft side steps. They come in black or stainless. I bought some black ones at AutoAnything.com. There are other sites that sell them, too.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2009 Black Side Steps

I have been searching for some photos of 2009 Elements with the black side steps?
It would help me to decide weather or not to purchase and install this accessory if I could see how they look, especially on a Black Element, which is what I have.

Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Side steps

I would like to purchase the "aluminum" colored side steps for my 2009 Element and on the H&A web site, the aluminum colored is only listed for the model years 2005 thu 2008. (2009-2010 are black)

Does anyone know, for certain, if they will properly fit without any modifications ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Haven't done much posting lately, but I've been wondering about side steps. Are they functional or more for looks? Due to health problems, my wife has been having trouble getting in and out of our E and I was hoping something like this would help.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I would like to purchase the "aluminum" colored side steps for my 2009 Element and on the H&A web site, the aluminum colored is only listed for the model years 2005 thu 2008. (2009-2010 are black)

Does anyone know, for certain, if they will properly fit without any modifications ?
i have seen a member or two on here that have put the newer ones on an older element, so i would assume that the mounting all lines up but i havent seen it doent the other way like you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Haven't done much posting lately, but I've been wondering about side steps. Are they functional or more for looks? Due to health problems, my wife has been having trouble getting in and out of our E and I was hoping something like this would help.
little bit of both, depends on who you are asking. mine are just for looks, but i think i have seen mrs. yoda actually using them to get in from time to time. :-D

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
The newer type are very functional ! We installed a set on an E at the last meet. They look good too!

Photo's Here, starting about post 74. One set was the older type. The new type went on the Tangerine E .

Dom

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Side steps

i have seen a member or two on here that have put the newer ones on an older element, so i would assume that the mounting all lines up but i havent seen it doent the other way like you are looking for.
Hey Yoda!
The new side steps do work on the older Elements since they have a front and rear bracket and the position of the holes align with the newer side steps.

Installing the older, aluminum finish side steps do not work on the newer Elements since they had a third mount to attach with and there are no center mount set of holes on the newer Elements.

I posted a thread to ask if anyone had installed the older side steps on a 2009 or 2010 Element and no one responded. Guessing it never happened.

I just ordered the 2009, 2010 Side Steps for my 2009 E.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hey Yoda!
The new side steps do work on the older Elements since they have a front and rear bracket and the position of the holes align with the newer side steps.

Installing the older, aluminum finish side steps do not work on the newer Elements since they had a third mount to attach with and there are no center mount set of holes on the newer Elements.

I posted a thread to ask if anyone had installed the older side steps on a 2009 or 2010 Element and no one responded. Guessing it never happened.

I just ordered the 2009, 2010 Side Steps for my 2009 E.
Pics...? We '09-'10 are a different breed from the rest...! LMELBO...!!!

LBD

·
Registered
715 Posts
The newer type are very functional ! We installed a set on an E at the last meet. They look good too!

Photo's Here, starting about post 74. One set was the older type. The new type went on the Tangerine E .

Dom
I've found stuff like that is a lot easier to install if you wait until everyone else goes home and then do it by yourself.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
We originally installed ours to limit under-E access a bit. Had a rash of cat. converter thefts, and an attempt on ours that caused some expensive repairs.

But it made a big difference for my 70+ year old Mother-in-law, who has had both knees replaced. She had a real hard time getting in and out of the E before we put on the side steps, after, no problem. :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2009 e

Pics...? We '09-'10 are a different breed from the rest...! LMELBO...!!!

LBD
Hey Lunch Box,
Black side steps would look great on your ride. My buddy has a 2010 with your color and he and I will both be installing the new side steps on our Elements.

You will be envious!

·
Registered
45 Posts

Dom
Dom, I appreciate the link. Those look like what I need. Could you tell me who makes them? My wife is really having a hard time getting in and out and I don't see any improvement coming in the future.

Thanks, Rick.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts