Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday, I was driving my Element on a local road, and a BMW hit me on the rear side passenger...No one was hurt...but I think she tried to run at first...I had to call 911 and tell them that I just got in an accident and the person was not pulling over...about 3-4 miles down the road, she pulled over on a side street. She said that she was looking for a place to pull over, but there were 2 places we passed(a Food Lion and a church)???? Anyhow, when the Highway Patrol arrived, he charged her with improper lane changed causing an accident and BALD TIRES...hahaha... that was weird. He lectured her for a good 10 minutes(91 degrees) on when to pull over after accident, proper driving distance, and the BALD tires. She was pretty young so maybe that's why, but I hate hearing a Cop gab and gab...BTW, she did apologize like 3 times during the incident...that was nice :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
You should stick this in the photos section and sorry to see that your E got hit. Look for a good repair shop and done hesitate to look at their finished work to see how good it is.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Sideswiped

I think perhaps the fact the Highway Patrol was there had a little bit to do with the "apologies" from the young lady. She was probably yacking on her cell phone or texting someone. Could have been worse, no one was hurt, and sorry you got hit.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Oh man that sucks!!! I was trying to figure out of there were any dents....doesn't look like it. Hope it does not stay in the shop long. Glad no one was hurt!

·
Registered
177 Posts
sideswiped

Jackson49 has a point. Next time you talk to the cop ask if has pulled her cell phone records to make sure she was not on it or texting. There may be more lessons she needs to learn. And as we all know, when a municipality decides to teach a lesson, it usually results in a lighter wallet. :-D

CoolE'sRule!

jeff

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
EK...

Dang...!!! That S-U-C-K-S buddy...!!! Let us know what the results are...

LBD

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
Didn't it just make you wanna open up a can of "whoop-ass" ???? I got hit on the side once. Didn't discover it till I got back from work and was getting into my car. I was fuming!! Some s.o.b. hit me and ran like a coward. Needless to say, I got itfixed right away. Can't have "The Rube" looking like that.:)

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
BUMMER!! Glad it was minor and no one was hurt!! :):)

Second on the body shop - even tho it's minor, you don't want it fading before the stock paint.... :-:)roll:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahaha...yeah...I got the insurance $ and I havent taken it in yet. There is a dent the size of a tennis ball...so I'm gonna have to get it fixed. She also messed up the side step...the Good news is that Honda will sell me one side step for around $163...and the insurance gave me 225 for it :)

And last week, I noticed someone else put a dent with their car door about 2 inches from the original dent...so that was a blessing...b/c I am getting it fixed anyway. I want it fixed but I am taking my sweet time.

Anyone in the Raleigh area know of any good repair/paint shops

1 - 11 of 11 Posts