Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking I want black sidesteps (aka "nerf" bars on many websites). I have a RED '06 ex. I just think black will look better than silver. I have read as many posts on sidesteps and many don't say if they have oem or aftermarket or what material they are made of or where they bought their sidesteps. Ebay has great prices on stainless aftermarket sidesteps, but I know you can't paint stainless. Most others seem to be aluminum which is paintable. Anything that comes in black seems to be steel with powdercoat, but that makes me nervous about rust after a few years. Ideally, black aluminum would be best?

So I am looking for advice on the budget way to get decent black sidesteps. I'm ok to paint something but would rather not deal with it. The biggest reason I want them is to reach higher for stuff on racks, but I also like the look. So what did you buy and where did you buy it?

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Google "steelcraft". See if you can find a site with free shipping. They're out there. That's what I'm running on my '08. I love 'em.

Got pics in my profile.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i got aries sidesteps in matte black.. the whole thing is aluminum too. $190 plus shipping.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Advan, where did you buy yours? Autoeverything says they are steel! Only 3 year warantee, then the rust comes!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put the Autoanything Black bars on my '06 E a few weeks ago. So far I really like them, they seem to help in my wife's egress from the back and certainly help in my reaching the roof for cleaning.

I like that they are fairly low key and hide the tank and muffler's hanging from below. If they do rust in 3 years I'll use it as an excuse to order the twice as 'spensive Honda versions :)

I realized too late this wasn't the greatest picture of the side steps but here it is anyway:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts