Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the silver painted part of the rear hatch? I'd like to paint it and haven't looked how it comes off. Figured someone has done it already. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Vendor
120 Posts
Removing Silver Trim

Mike - I painted the silver parts black on a 2010, to get the rear hatch one off is pretty straightforward, you won't need the manual, just patience:

- remove the hatch release handle
- remove small screw on release handle trim
- pull off black/gray plastic inner lining (good yank)
- remove the 4 10 mm nuts inside. They are way back in there, don't drop them or you'll have fun getting them out from under the various nooks (don't ask how I know this...)
- pop off the plastic pulling out from tailgate

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much, I'll give it a try this week when it clears up and let you know how it goes, Thanks again

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rear Panel -09-10

For those who are lucky enough to own a PMM Element you call order the piece from the SC it seems to only come in silver and PMM if your lucky enough to find a parts man who can find the part # . I did mine and it looks clean paint match is perfect.

olbill

·
Registered
19 Posts
R.E. Panel

Sorry about the re-post i found the part # 74890-scv-a702c it only comes in nh737m [PMM] retail price 86.70

olbill

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wickster, Looks great, I got the rear off yesterday, adding another coat today, Haven't attempted the grill yet, might today, That easy?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Sorry about the re-post i found the part # 74890-scv-a702c it only comes in nh737m [PMM] retail price 86.70

olbill
Thanks OlBill for the inspiration and the part #... I am part of the LUCKY few...!

Wickster, Looks great, I got the rear off yesterday, adding another coat today, Haven't attempted the grill yet, might today, That easy?
TUM, if you need pics of the grill removal, allow me to help... Click on the links below (in my signature)... Just have a 10mm socket wrench, a Phillips screwdriver plus a flathead or paint can opener...

my post is in the link posted where there are pics. and yes, i took the pieces to a body shop. they only charged me $75
Nicely done Wickster...! You've totally gotten the "stealth" look going... Very clean and sharp...!

Oh, and lastly, welcome to the 3 of you to the EOC...!!! RybarJ, fill in "where" you're at in your profile and welcome as well...

LBD

·
Registered
617 Posts
Thanks OlBill for the inspiration and the part #... I am part of the LUCKY few...!

TUM, if you need pics of the grill removal, allow me to help... Click on the links below (in my signature)... Just have a 10mm socket wrench, a Phillips screwdriver plus a flathead or paint can opener...

Nicely done Wickster...! You've totally gotten the "stealth" look going... Very clean and sharp...!

Oh, and lastly, welcome to the 3 of you to the EOC...!!! RybarJ, fill in "where" you're at in your profile and welcome as well...

LBD
guess thats where my smaill hands helped in the grill removal. I did it all from the top side. lol

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
guess thats where my smaill hands helped in the grill removal. I did it all from the top side. lol
Yep... Once I found out that the Upper Grill comes off with only 4-clips, I was like "D'OH!!!-:homer:"...! LOL!!!

LBD

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the help guys, I went with flat black, I'll attempt the front tomorrow, ran out of time today, I'll post pics when I'm done, Thanks again

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys, I went with flat black, I'll attempt the front tomorrow, ran out of time today, I'll post pics when I'm done, Thanks again
Glad we could be of some help... Guess that's what makes this forum so great...! Keep postin' them pics buddy...!!! That's what E-livin' is all about...!

LBD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts