Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just got my new E and I would like to add some Sylvania SilverStars to them. What exactly do I have to do to install them? Is it easy enough to do myself? How much do they cost?

All info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-Oscar

·
Registered
160 Posts
They take all of 5 minutes to install. Instructions on how to replace the headlight bulbs are in the owners manual.

I picked up a pair at Checker for $49.99. WalMart carries SilverStars, but my local store didn't have any of the 9003ST.

Here's what mine look like.

eKennedy

·
Registered
160 Posts
Actually, I've never tried the high beams with the SilverStars in there. I'm gonna have to go see what they look like.

eKennedy

·
Registered
33 Posts
We installed the SilverStars and couldn't be happier. They truly provide better illumination, without blinding on-coming traffic.

I saw the two-pack at Walmart yesterday for 37 dollars and change.

All in all, an easy and worthwhile upgrade.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just got my $10 rebate check. I don't know if they still offer it, but it's one rebate that actually came through.

The silverstars work great. I have to use them through the construction zones every day. I hope they don't blow before winter darkness comes around!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look AWESOME. I just installed them today and couldn't wait for dark. Thanks for the info on the lights guys!

-Oscar

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can someone tell us what model Silverstar bulbs to buy? The help is most appreciated. :lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
9003ST. I found mine at Pep Boys, but have seen them at Walmart, Advance Auto Parts, and R&S Strauss.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You may also want to try Hyperwhite bulbs. I installed a pair on my E and they are great. They provide a noticably brighter light and seem to carry farther into the distance. Pretty sweet if you ask me. Pepboys has any kind of light you need. I bought mine for about $40. Just make sure to get 9003 style.

Lemurboy

·
Registered
141 Posts
Honda use H4 bulbs for their headlights. I use the Nokya H4 Hyperwhites and use the H3 bulbs from Hyper Industries for the Wal-Mart fog lights.

This is what they look like ON. They are white in color with a slight hint of blue on certain angles. They are a lot brighter than the OEM bulbs.
I bought mine locally. You can buy them online for $7-10 plus shipping. Another member here both both the H4 and H3 from ebay, shippef for approximately $24 only. That's how much it cost me also, locally.

BTW, eKennedy, ya need to point those lights a little lower. It's blinding me just looking at it from the computer monitor. Imagine what it's like for the oncoming drivers. :lol:

John

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey John,
Are you talking about the headlights or the fogs? I do have some trepidation about the foglights being aimed too high, but the way I have them mounted, I can't do much about it. Hopefully, the fact that they're wired in series, and so are significantly less bright than normal, means that they're not blinding anyone.

I think my headlights are aimed correctly. Just so happens that I took that picture standing in front of my garage where the ground is about 3 feet lower than garage level. That shot is straight on into the lights from a little bit below horizontal.

Next time I'll try to shoot it from a bit higher.... :oops:

eKennedy

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mahalo eKennedy,

You are right. I looked at the pic again and it's just the angle of how it was taken. Your fog lights looks fine too.

I got my fogs pointed low also, I actually sat in another car and checked to see if I'm blinding anybody. It seems to be pointed fine for me now.

John :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry guys, but the pics don't do much for me in showing some kind of "difference" between the factory bulbs and the new ones.

The most impressive picture would be an overhead view at night of the beam pattern shining on the road in front of the vehicle - with the LEFT headlight containing the original factory bulb and the RIGHT headlight with whatever bulb you're excited about.

Then a better side-by-side comparison can be made.

Anybody buy some of those Eurodezigns 6000k xenon bulbs for sale on Ebay? I did a title search for "element xenon"

·
Registered
52 Posts
[quote:1e2421684c="MatT3T4"]Installed some silverstars last night, did the comparison, silverstars win hands down.[/quote:1e2421684c]

My previous post asked whether anyone had tried the Eurodezigns bulbs - then you replied with that statement. Did you mean that the Silverstars win over the factory bulbs "hands down" or versus the Eurodezigns?

Any comparison pics to support your view?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My bad, my response was regarding Silver Stars vs. OEM.

Here are comparisons of those from a post on HondaSUV

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm curious about the SilverStar vs EuroDezign comparison myself.

$50 for SilverStars vs $10 for EuroDezigns makes you wonder if one is overpriced, or the other is crap.

eKennedy

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just got mine, putting them on this weekend...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.