Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one gotten the SIMONIZ put on their element and had a problem with Tree Sap causing white spots on the plastic?

I picked up my new element 2 weeks ago at the time it had these white spots on it caused by tree sap (dealer parked the car under some kind of pine). At the time they promised it could be fixed. After bringing the car back to the dealer to fix the white spots I'm being told that it is a general problem that although they can be cleaned off they will come back as more sap falls on the car.

Has anyone else had this problem or am I being fed a line by the sales guy?

I'm really bumded about this problem and don't know what to do. Some of the pine sap won't even come off.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Rubbing alcohol will take sap off of anything. We have alsways had it on hand for that. Now that said, I do not thing that the alcohol would be good for the car's finish. If you could use a small swab with rubbing alochol on it and gently get off the sap, then put a coat protecterant on right away you might get it ok. I would so this to a hidden spot first just to see what happens then work on the rest.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Don't let the dealer off the hook. They promised you that they would rectify the problem, demand they do even if it means replacing the
trim. The longer you wait the shorter the dealers memory will be.
Best of luck, Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not letting the dealer off to much. They promised to fix the white spots and for the most part they have. What they haven't done is removed all the pine sap that was on the car when I picked it up. That I won't let them off the hook. In fact on saturday my sales man pointed out that they couldn't get it off and suggested I get the car detailed at my expense.

The dealer told me that new spots will appear if sap gets on the plastic and that they have had several people with this problem. Apparently it is a reaction between the tree sap and the SIMONIZ. At least this is what I being told. He suggested I complain to customer support every time the spots appear until Honda comes up with a fix.

What I really want to know is if anyone else has had this problem so that at least I know I'm not being fed a line my sales man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts