Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today an interesting discovery. This occurred after a mountain bike ride today and I just wanted to be sure so I just replicated it in the garage again.

Get into the E from the passenger side with the car off, in park, drivers door shut, and insert the key in the ignition, turn to acc II like you would for the radio normally. The beep will occur when you hit the acc II position and stop. The beep will not activate after that, AND The door on the drivers side can then be opened with no annoying beeping while listening to the radio. I only tried this in the AUX input from my iPod, but I thought this was worth posting!

This is on my 2006, and might not apply to all model years, but it can't hurt to try this if you are looking for music without the annoying beeps.

Maybe this has been found before, but I searched this topic and didn't see this particular fix listed.

Hope this saves someone some time.:D

·
Registered
773 Posts
Perhaps I am missing something here . . .

In my 2005, ACC I runs the radio/AUX/Power outlets, ACC II is the equivalent of RUN, and ACC III is START, i.e. turns the motor over. If I were to leave the key in the ACC II position, the fan, and everything else that runs off the engine would be running off the battery alone - and die quickly.

I tried the E_BikeR's procedure, leaving the key in the ACC I position so only the radio powered up, but still got the drivers door beeps.

Am I missing something with this?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Wally,

i think you're correct. nothing special about this trick. if the key is in ACC II, the door beep stops after a while, no matter which door you enter the vehicle by. (i haven't tested this). if you could fool the system by entering thru passenger door or hatch or sunroof? and using ACC I, that would be something.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For just the radio with the door open and everything else off is all I was looking for without the incessant key in the ignition beeping. I did a battery upgrade last winter (56R Diehard) to increase power/time so I am not seeing any loss of battery power running in acc II yet with the stereo playing for an hour. I was just hoping to help folks not tear into things to solve an annoying problem that is this simple to accomplish.

Still hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I've been using cheap plastic spring clamps to hold down the door chime button. They don't like getting the door slammed on them though. Good thing I didn't use a c-clamp, ouch.

Agreed that accII is a battery drainer. All the monitoring systems, fans ,relays and such will have power even if you do not see or hear it.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Also, if your using ACCII, I don't believe it really matters what side of the vehicle you enter from.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I'll just stick with my simple on/off rocker switch,that I added to use whenever I want to listen to the radio without the key in the ignition.:) Super simple and works great.:cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
i am numb to the beeps because of my habit of taking off my seatbelt when I pull into a spot or the garage... honestly, that has to be the loadest beep ive ever heard in a car

1 - 13 of 13 Posts