Honda Element Owners Club banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

· Registered
1,253 Posts
outpost4 said:
Shane, we really don't want to know about your hairy stealthbox. :rolleyes:
I like my hairy stealthbox, it gives me something to pet when I'm alone in my E.

Outpost, I like your pic in your signature. I just passed one of those weiner mobile's the other day.

· Registered
22 Posts
satellite radio in the E

Has anyone tried using a direct FM connection as opposed to the Aux or RCA plugs in the back of the HU. I have an Audiovox (I also bought the add on fm direct component) connected through the aux and it sounds OK - but not as good as cd or a local fm station. I need to turn the sub up to 2 or 3, treble to max and sometimes (depending on the song) the bass up as well. The sound remains somewhat flat - not clear and crisp like the cd or strong fm signal.
Yesterday I tried to pull the radio out (major headache and I'll be buying some new dash trim) but the wiring would not allow the radio to come all the way out. I had a Honda dealer install the factory cd changer shortly after I bought the E new (04 EX) and they might have tied of the bus cable off.
Anyway in addition to that it does not appear there is an EZ way to route the signal cable from behind the radio out to under the dash. I have the xm tuner mounted on a windshield suction arm in the corner of the drivers side windshield.

Also I'm going to use the add a circuit on block 18 like others. I read some forums regarding using the 10 amp on the 15 amp circuit, etc. It's not clear in the pics but do you just remove the 15 amp fuse, install the add a circuit, wire in the cigarette adapter, and re-insert the 15 apm fuse? As for the adapter, I take it red lead connects to the add a circuit and the black to the vehicle frame.

I may have to ask the dealer that installed the radio to pull it for me since I can't get it out w/o risk of disconnecting a wire and being unable to reconnect and re-install.

Thanks for any info.

· Registered
8 Posts
I know this is a very old thread but I just want to be sure where to ground my Sirius install. I'm not that schooled other than putting in a CD player and some speakers.
He doesn't really say so in the thread but I'm assuming that the 2nd pic in post #5 is the ground wire.
Any guesses?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.