Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
225/70 or up to 235/70 seem to work fine per the many discussions on this.

For me, I'm thinking 235/65 would be ideal...I want the wider footprint but don't need all that rise.

If you do more searching, you'll find several days worth of discussions. Make sure to report what you go with...and with pics!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I put on the LTX's in the stock size. The tires themselves are fantastic, and I thought about it and decided I wasn't going to get much out of that extra little bit of clearance using a bigger tire. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if there is/has been more than one OEM tire size? Our '05 EX MT came with 215/70/R16 tires. I went with the Michelin LTX M/S' in a 225/70/16 and what a good move that was! I only have had them on the car for a half-day and but they bring a smile to my face already. Next week we will be taking a trip to the Smokies and other parts of that area where will have the tires on dirt/gravel roads for a bit more of a test.

- David

·
Registered
155 Posts
got 75k on my ltx ms.s and have probably another 10k on them (just in time for winter). the tires wear well and don't deform, but the element will spin them at this tread level, and they have lost some offroad and snow traction.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We just returned from a 2,149 mile trip to the Smokies and GA in our E. Our trip included 75 - 80 mph highway speeds, torrential rains, twisty and narrow mountain roads; and, gravel and dirt roads. I can't tell you how pleased I am with the tires, they really brought out the true capabilities of the E. I knew that new tires would make a difference, I did not anticipate that they would make so much of a difference. Highly recommended. I can't wait to try them in the snow this winter.

- David Dornblaser

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I went with the 225/70/16, got them from Sam's Club for $99 per tire.

I went at the right time cause they where supposed to be closer to $140 per tire I think?

I really like the tire though, smooth and honestly I didn’t lose any serious gas mileage by getting a bigger tire.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I went with the 225/70/16, got them from Sam's Club for $99 per tire.

I went at the right time cause they where supposed to be closer to $140 per tire I think?

I really like the tire though, smooth and honestly I didn’t lose any serious gas mileage by getting a bigger tire.
How did you pull that off? You're right, they are supposed to be $130+ typically at Sam's.

How quiet are they? If you came off OEM GY's, you should have better cornering from both wider tread and the stiffer LTX sidewalls.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
How did you pull that off? You're right, they are supposed to be $130+ typically at Sam's.

How quiet are they? If you came off OEM GY's, you should have better cornering from both wider tread and the stiffer LTX sidewalls.
It has something to do with the tires that I bought don’t have raised white letters? Both sides have black lettering or ORBL I think, plus Michelin was having some kind of sale. I don’t remember

I checked my paperwork and the tires cost $490 out the door.

I had Yoko Geolanders before and they didn’t work out well for me.
Compared to those the LTX MS is very quiet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts