Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice work, silicon dioxide is one of the few snake oils that actually works like it does on TV. Once a month I foam it up, rinse it off and spritz Turtle Wax pro flex graphene on while drying and it looks like a buff job. Good on the glass and tupperware too.

·
Registered
2003 EX AWD auto
148 Posts
I've been using the ceramic hybrid wax/sealant ~once a year with ceramic quick detailer in between. Works well for me and has become part of my annual "break em out for spring" routine.

Hard for me to justify the prices they're asking for a "real" ceramic coating. They do look/work good though.

Any mods to the AP2?

·
Registered
08 Rootbeer Metallic SC
78 Posts
I'm a true believer in the turtlewax ceramic after I watched Project Farm on youtube do a comparison. Put it on my Element and haven't looked back at Meguire's lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice detailing of your stock Element wheels and calipers! The red really wakes up their overall appearance very nicely! Kind of reminds me of the old red line tires on the mid '60's muscle cars! :)
had a 1970 orange road runner with 426. sold it when I left for vietnam. just bought another 08. selling blackie.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Nice detailing of your stock Element wheels and calipers! The red really wakes up their overall appearance very nicely! Kind of reminds me of the old red line tires on the mid '60's muscle cars! :)
tiger paws. i just put a set on my wife's crv. no red stripe though. blue to match the paint.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Nice work, silicon dioxide is one of the few snake oils that actually works like it does on TV. Once a month I foam it up, rinse it off and spritz Turtle Wax pro flex graphene on while drying and it looks like a buff job. Good on the glass and tupperware too.
before the ceramic. fresh painted. bought my wife that car and a house at North Myrtle Beach for anniversary 45. We have 50 coming up in 2 weeks. She is leaving for the coast tomorrow. The green goblin will be here tuesday. the shipper is taking her her ragtop after he unloads the element. want to cruise ocean boulevard one last time. our 1967 high school convertible was a corvair.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I've been using the ceramic hybrid wax/sealant ~once a year with ceramic quick detailer in between. Works well for me and has become part of my annual "break em out for spring" routine.

Hard for me to justify the prices they're asking for a "real" ceramic coating. They do look/work good though.

Any mods to the AP2?
if you want to make it simple invest in a chemical guys kit to make the car like glass before you graphene. add the leak savers to your a/c. i put it it all my cars and my 3 home systems. CLAYBAR many times before color correction. If the finish is not slick everything will show.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if you want you make it simple invest in a chemical guys kit. keeping the s2k pristine. had the inside redone in black leather. found a carpet on ebay. bought a flat wheel from europe. never sat in the drivers seat. i'm too big. been offered $50 for it. i did get the stock wheels powder coated in gunmetal grey. if you want stripes try rimsavers. much cheaper.

·
Registered
2010 LX Crystal Black Pearl 234K miles and going strong
7 Posts
I'm a true believer in the turtlewax ceramic after I watched Project Farm on youtube do a comparison. Put it on my Element and haven't looked back at Meguire's lol
I am new to Ceramic....could you share your process or did you YT it? No claybar? Thanks!

·
Registered
08 Rootbeer Metallic SC
78 Posts
I am new to Ceramic....could you share your process or did you YT it? No claybar? Thanks!
The only youtube I did was the Project Farm vid. This stuff is VERY easy to apply. I did claybar the hood, roof and bumpers.
I just needed to make sure the car didn't get wet for 24 hours then I reapplied and waited another 24. (Probably not truly necessary) Once it's cured, it's good to go.

·
Registered
‘06 Honda Element EX-P Atomic Blue
23 Posts
The E really loves the ceramic treatment. I use Griot's Garage ceramic wash, 3 in 1 spray wax and the quick spray detailer. The paint and finish are buttery smooth.

·
Registered
2010 LX Crystal Black Pearl 234K miles and going strong
7 Posts
The E really loves the ceramic treatment. I use Griot's Garage ceramic wash, 3 in 1 spray wax and the quick spray detailer. The paint and finish are buttery smooth.
Great! Thanks for that info.

·
Premium Member
2004 Element EX-S AWD 6MT = “Zippy”
420 Posts
...sold it when I left for vietnam...
Thank you for your Service!

The roadster looks awesome... The Green Goblin looks like a great project... Enjoy!

Sincerely,
Brad

1 - 20 of 20 Posts