Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok folks, here's an opportunity to save a few bucks on some Skunk 2 parts. After finally working out the group buy on the KSport coilover system (thanks for all your help insane_sc) I was contacted by a representative from Skunk 2 to see if we could create more interest in some of the parts that they currently make for the Element.

I am not going to drag this out over an extended period of time. The deadline is going to be Friday July 17th, 2009.

Here are some details:

Skunk2 Element Lowering Springs 03-06
1.5” Front Drop/1.4” Rear Drop
Front Rate Tender 134/Front Rate Main 253
Rear Rate Tender 320/Rear Rate Main 574

The pricing on these will be $150 shipped if we can sell 10 or more sets. More product info here

Skunk2 Lower Control Arms
These are great upgrades to an otherwise stock suspension or to those that are upgrading to lowering springs or coilovers.
These are available in Clear Anodized, Hard Anodized, Gold Anodized, and Blue Steel Anodized. These also work on the 02-06 RS-X. I will also note that I am told these can be made to work on the 07+ Element with only minor modifications.

Pricing on these will be $185 shipped if we can sell 10 or more sets. More product info here.

Skunk2 K24A4 Camshafts Stage 1, 2, 3 These are basically the same cams found in the K20A3 engines in the 02-05 Honda Civic Si. I think there are a few people on the Element board who may have tried these out, but to work and get good power extraction you really need an aftermarket engine management like Hondata. Specs are listed on the Skunk 2 website.

Pricing on these are Stage 1,2, or 3 – $375 shipped

I can take Paypal or credit card over the phone, the above pricing does not include Paypal fee's. Please feel free to ask questions. If I cannot answer them, I can get the rep. from Skunk 2 to answer them for you.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
No problem NismoGriff, to all, I am also here to help Nismo on this, he has to run a shop during the day, I have more time to get back quicker. These are great prices, less than Ebay, take advantage, I know I am.
Later Guys
Steve

·
Registered
62 Posts
any chance of Skunk making an exhaust for element SC auto? i got a buddy that purchased one for his RSX and love the product....

BTW.. any chance of purchasing and RSX exhaust and installing it on "OUR" elements?

he is now selling the exhaust, and we thought about seeing the difference between the 2 vehicles... gotta look into this.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any chance of Skunk making an exhaust for element SC auto? i got a buddy that purchased one for his RSX and love the product....

BTW.. any chance of purchasing and RSX exhaust and installing it on "OUR" elements?

he is now selling the exhaust, and we thought about seeing the difference between the 2 vehicles... gotta look into this.

The problem is not enough people are into modifying the Element. Skunk2 is trying to either generate some interest or clear out some of their existing Element product. I have my doubts that they'd be looking to develop more product. I can inguire about it though....no harm in making a phone call or sending an email.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I would love to get one of those exhausts myself, but then of course if the price is right in comparison with the other products.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wow,
This is a hot deal!
:D

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would love to get one of those exhausts myself, but then of course if the price is right in comparison with the other products.
But, I thought you wanted to try mine first.;-)
You member.....right?;-)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Has anybody used them before? hows the ride?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
It will fit the sc's if you drill the bushing sleeve from 14mm to 16mm or 9/16". Skunk2 has said it will not void their warranty if it is done. There is one or two sc's that have done it, I will be inline to do this.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
It will fit the sc's if you drill the bushing sleeve from 14mm to 16mm or 9/16". Skunk2 has said it will not void their warranty if it is done. There is one or two sc's that have done it, I will be inline to do this.
Actually, the LCA has a 12.8mm hole, and it needs to be 14mm.
14 mm = .5512 in. 9/16 in = .5625 in
16 mm = .6299 in. 5/8 in = .625 in = too big

Just wanted to make sure that is clear.

Is there a list of who or how many people are getting the LCAs???
Im on the fence right now. Let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Suggestions for you guy's, since your doing the group buys, why not have Skunk2 drill it for you instead of go through all the trouble of doing it, just a suggestions, drill bits ain't cheap. :rolleyes: ;-)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Suggestions for you guy's, since your doing the group buys, why not have Skunk2 drill it for you instead of go through all the trouble of doing it, just a suggestions, drill bits ain't cheap. :rolleyes: ;-)
Skunk2 did ours, only, because, ours are OLD SCHOOL......:lol:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Aztec- you are correct on the sizes, sorry, I misread the info.
There are 3 people so far I think, let me check and I will start a list.

If anyone gets them for a SC, you can send me the bushing sleeve and I will
bore them out for ya at work, only cost a couple bucks, I have to pay for machine time.

·
Mod-erator
4,576 Posts
LCA's definitely improve the rear bounce....especially if you've lowered your ride. Combining this with the sway bars is a BIG improvement!!!...very easy to install too.

Buy these LCA's....you won't be disappointed!! :cool:

·
Registered
556 Posts
i would love to get the cams because they are half the price of anything else on the internet but from what i have read you need a AEM F/IC and i am not really sure how much that is and how much the harness cost to make it work with the E and what is required to install that unit. Is there any more info on this. thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts