1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
793 Posts
I may be using this IM as opposed to a custom one very soon:D... Only time will tell. It fits all style k series heads with no modification due to a very special coolant passage.. and also fits all of the regular throttle bodies with no adapter, and dbw tb with the adapter... Very universal design, and looks to flow very well. Also, the wall are much thicker so there is much more material to port compared to the rbc, so looks like a great product... As you can see I have been looking at this manifold since the press release..

·
Registered
106 Posts
I here ya! Looks very promising. Definitely on the N/A to-do list.

I may be using this IM as opposed to a custom one very soon:D... Only time will tell. It fits all style k series heads with no modification due to a very special coolant passage.. and also fits all of the regular throttle bodies with no adapter, and dbw tb with the adapter... Very universal design, and looks to flow very well. Also, the wall are much thicker so there is much more material to port compared to the rbc, so looks like a great product... As you can see I have been looking at this manifold since the press release..

·
Registered
519 Posts
I was hoping to see an aftermarket IM for K-series but @ over $400 not too many EOCer's are going to buy that. Hopefully it will sell really well & some other companys will make K-series IM's too creating competition & dropping the price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks pretty cool, I just got my Element so I won't be modding right away but this makes it very tempting. I would like to do an I/H/E combo with this added would just mine just the right kick...

·
Registered
657 Posts
This manifold is very different than the RBC. The runners are significantly shorter because it eliminates the fuel injector base.

·
Registered
556 Posts
i am liking the looks of this. :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
The BLOX copy will probably be out in 3 months at half the price. :rolleyes:

Never heard of Blox, are they Megan racing bad or do they make half decent knockoffs?

I keep telling myself im not going to mod the E's engine.... but having a K series is making it hard.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The rbb manifold goes onto the injector base, but the rbc just bolts right onto the head, and has the built in injector base, etc.. Supposedly, the design makes more power than an rbc, and has better midrange as well... There is also lots of material to port inside the runners and plenum, as opposed to the rbc, which doesnt have much. The runners are also angled different so the smaller cars with k swaps dont have to cut the webbing under the hood to clear the intake manifold. We dont have this issue, as we have enough room under there for a bear... or v6? k20a.org has lots of info on this manifold, the only thing is there are no independent dyno tests(or any from skunk 2 yet) that show what kind of power this thing makes...:confused:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Say guys I'll go, if no one wants to.
Is it by appointment only?
Plus, will it be done for FREE?
Who do I speak with?
I know lots of questions.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
K20a.org has someone test fitting it on his Civic: K-Series Intake Manifold by Skunk2

It's similar to the RBC manifold, in size but has tweaks that fix the fitment problem with K-swaps. Might present the problem of fitment particularly for the intake pipe position since this IM removes the old K24's separate injector base. (for the E, it's IM->Injector Base->Engine)(for this, it's Skunk2 IM w/ built-in injector base->engine).

At least from visualizing it put on an E... Some modification still required in the intake pipe department.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts