Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Suspensionmax.com is selling lowering springs that will take an E down 2 inches.
Scuba Diver and Honda Aficionado
...And in the end the love we take is equal to the love we make

This previous post may help.

·
Registered
58 Posts
[quote:7c9841921a="StLouisPenguin"]Ummm.....

WHAT????[/quote:7c9841921a]

He wants to lower his Honda probably 3 or 4" so it looks, well, umm, TACKY! Plus when he goes to sell it, he won't get as much for it compared to an untouched stock model which had no modifications to it. He'll probably reply that he'll just put the proper springs back on, yada yada yada. But unforutunately for him, most buyers can figure out when the E has been rubbing the weeds.

·
Registered
14 Posts
:evil: haters! :evil:

let us kids be kids, don't try to deny that you never did anything that your elders didn't approve of.

and to clear things up, you can put the stock springs back and if it was properley installed, NOBODY can tell if it was rubbing with the weeds, yada, yada, yada, yada.....

quit being adults and let the kids have fun with their lowered elements, facial peircings, colored hair, and unprotected sex.

·
Registered
246 Posts
LOL rebels! Well put air suspension in the E and lift or drop it to your heart's content. But do yourself a favor and use some good rubber. All the other ways of self-expression won't kill you but unprotected sex is akin to playing Russian Roulette (in the end someone always loses).

Anyway, it's not like when I was a kid and putting on a condom felt like strapping on a rubber hose. :( Damn I hate it when I have to act my age.

·
Registered
92 Posts
[quote:f37f4a9f1c="ra300z"]
He wants to lower his Honda probably 3 or 4" so it looks, well, umm, TACKY! Plus when he goes to sell it, he won't get as much for it compared to an untouched stock model which had no modifications to it. He'll probably reply that he'll just put the proper springs back on, yada yada yada. But unforutunately for him, most buyers can figure out when the E has been rubbing the weeds.[/quote:f37f4a9f1c]

I personally think this Element looks ridiculous. But, it's your car and your money. As long as you don't put anyone in danger, or make me pay more taxes, have fun.

When I was a "kid", the craze was mid-70's GM coupes (Cutlass, Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, Camaro, Firebird, etc.) jacked up to high-heaven with raised white letter tires and Mag wheels. I'm sure "adults" then thought them equally as ridiculous.

Have fun!

Regards,
SOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
That person asked a legit question and most of you have nothing good to say.

This forum is becoming a joke. Why can't you guys just answer the question? Why do you have to bash. If you want to keep on bashing people then go to cardomain.com.

A forum is there to help others with their questions or needs. Instead, most of you bash them or make fun of them.

If you have nothing good to say or contribute then don't say anything at all.

GROW UP and learn to contribute rather than create tension with other members.

I will never lower my E because I don't think it's for me. But, that doesn't mean that I need to bash members here that does or wants to do it.

John

·
Registered
92 Posts
[quote:608f95afd9="1kewlelement"]That person asked a legit question and most of you have nothing good to say. [/quote:608f95afd9]

I'm sorry John, you're right. I should try to answer his question in a more constructive manner, so here goes...

No I have not "slammed" my E yet, and have no intention to because, in my opinion, I think it:

A. Looks ridiculous (only my opinion). I also think SOP is ugly, but my sister bought one and I'm glad she did.
B. Is probably unsafe. This probably can be backed up with factual data, changing ride height could alter certain geometry that was engineered that way for a reason.

But, this is a free country, and I encourage you to express yourself in whatever manner you want to, as long as:

A. You don't put me or anyone else in danger (remember the unsafe part, make sure suspension mods are professionally done with proven equipment)
B. You don't make me pay for it in some direct or indirect way.

Best regards,
SOL

:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well its not for anyone to judge why or why not a slammed E would look good or bad unless your own. I personally like stock looks better, unless its exhaust or wheels. The only concern I could see in lowering is the gas tank. Its already more exposed than most vehicles and taking it even lower might give more opportunity for something bad to happen.
If you do decide to slam it then please post pics. I love seein E's.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you slam it are you also required to add a neon light kit to get that kewl under glow effect? Otherwise your slammed E will just look lame, right?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hey I'm 37 and I like lowered (slammed) rides when they are done correctly. I hate seeing ones with the wheels leaning in at the top. As far as resale goes, there is always someone who will give you a decent sum for a pre-customized vehicle. I had no problem selling my custom pick-up (shown below) for better than blue-book value. I wouldn't have tried to trade it in though!

I was 21 when I bought this truck and I hadn't made 3 payments before I cut the top off. It was lowered 4 inches and I rarely ever scrapped the frame. Would I do it to my Element (when I get it)? No, but only because I need the clearance when we get the occasional snow storm. Once my E arrives, I plan to lower my GMC truck...

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is a difference between "slammed" and lowering... There are aftermarket springs by eibach & sprint which will lower the element by 2 inches which will actually improve the ride. But what do I know, Im just a kid.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I must apologize being naive as to what "slamming" is....I find myself being a better informed individual due to this post :wink:

I personally would never slam/lower my E, it just isn't practical for my lifestyle.

But go fourth youg people and lower your hearts away!

I may be old (27...lol) but I am all for self-expression!!! Go for it kids!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
It may be cool looking but I can just imagine what would happen here in pot hole city if I did something like that. I would just look in my rearview mirror and see a trail of undercarriage parts I had left for miles behind be. I don't see how you can even drive something like this unless it is on a surface with not so much as a pebble on it. The E is already pretty low. I would imagine that you couldn't drive very fast for fear of scraping something. Forget going up and down ramps.......Ouch! :shock:

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
[quote:5f7a41b67c="LittleDogBox"]It may be cool looking but I can just imagine what would happen here in pot hole city if I did something like that. I would just look in my rearview mirror and see a trail of undercarriage parts I had left for miles behind be.[/quote:5f7a41b67c]

Aha, you're from Arlington too! My last car, a 2nd hand 93 Taurus, was killed in February by our famous DC potholes. How? Hit a hidden-by-fierce-rain car-sized pothole on DC295N and about 3 minutes later, in stop and go traffic on the Rt 50 entrance ramp, at the tap of the gas pedal the engine broke off the frame mounts, jumped up and hit the hood, and fell back down out of place. Still ran, sort of, but the steering linkage broke, so it only ran straight ahead. Quite totalled. Glad I was at a near standstill, though.

I decided to stick with my bicycle for six months before looking for a new car.

-brendan

1 - 20 of 51 Posts