Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone – after seeing all the inspiring living and camping mods on the forum, I finally bought a 2006 Element off craigslist and am in the process of building it out to live in. I definitely want a sleeping platform for storage room underneath, and I'm debating building some shelves on one side above it as well.

One question I have is, how tall are all y'alls platforms? How did you decide on that height?

I have some 12"x60" boards so I was thinking of just making it 12", but one item I own is 12.75" tall, so that's a bit annoying (I could lay it down on its side, though). I think others have based it off of storage container heights? And others have based it off of sitting headroom, I think? I'm lucky since I'm 5'4" so that isn't quite as big of an issue for me!

·
Registered
9 Posts
In addition to storage bin height, we couldn't find a cooler that would fit below the platform at the low height.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would say height entirely depends on what you want to stow underneath. If you're going to put a cooler it must be tall enough, rubbermaid bins or the like, must be tall enough. First decide what you want to stow then you can calculate heights.

Berz out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts