Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These pics are from late last night after it got finished. Will be in town longer tomorrow to add some better more in-depth photos but was so excited to have it finished and functional I had to post right away:) It uses foldable table legs on the 2 back platforms that rest on the floor. The front 2 smaller platforms have a small pvc pipe support on the door side and a larger pvc pipe suppoet in the center that has a u pipe that rests in the seat when the seats are folded under the platform. ( bad description.. pic tomorrow will make it clearer) We used velcro hinges throughout to make it easy to access the spare tire as well as fold down the front seats. I will be getting memory foam mattress topper cut to size to work with the separate panels and store easier...If I plan on sleeping in this baby for the best part of a year I plan on being cozy! :) I love the seperate front panels... When I travel alone I can keep the passenger side part of the platform set up and just roll right from the driver seat to sleep :)

Here are some pics for now.. :)

I would love to thank this forum for ideas in making this a reality for me and also my friend James who took my thoughts of what I needed and wanted and made them a reality!:)

·
Registered
188 Posts
nice .... happy dreams ..... remember to stop and place your E in park before rolling over from the drivers seat and starting sleep... ;-)

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pics delay!:(

i had so much to do to get ready for the trip I never had a chance to ul detailed pics of the platform... but after several nights sleeping I can say its HEAVEN!!! Memory foam and down bedding rocks! :)

I have posted a few random pics from the trip here http://www.flickr.com/photos/xiliafaye/sets/72157622078170136/

and a few of them show the platform, but will get more detailed interior shots soon once I recover from the flu and pneumonia... Real fun last 2 days of driving!:p I actually was forced to let my lil bro behind the wheel the last day....

the top of the platform is a really stong kind of plywood.. Ill have to ask james for the exact type. its got zero flex even with me and 2 doggies and another person on it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Technically I don't start my official pan american and everywhere in between road trip till I get back from Ethiopia in November so thats when the site will go live :) These first 10,000 miles in the first month have just been practice miles :p
The site is going to be documenting my travels and be a way for people I meet along the way to keep in touch. I am planning on interviewing at least one person each day I am on the road and posting vids and pics. Ideally if I can other element owners. I was thinking about planning to meet up with certain people, but after this last trip realize that elements are everywhere (!!! yay) and think it would be more fun to interview people on the road that I meet randomly.
once I can go back outside into the cool air without hacking up a lung pics WILL follow! :) Heres one from death valley and one of my faves of my lil pumpkin! :)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
you dug up a 5 year old thread when you shoudl have started your own

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, your flickr photo links are broken. If not too much trouble, would you mind renewing the images? I'm just about to start a build and sounds from your description that your build would be very helpful to get ideas from.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts