Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,316 Posts

· Registered
3,316 Posts
And Eww delivers! I've only begun to understand of the legend of the Hellement, he sold it or something yes?

Wonder if I can add the x9 strips to the left and the right of the stock. Thinking they are LED and take less power it would work if wired right. Oh man, then splicing the flasher wires in similar fashion to the E shen side marker mod to make them turn signals also. (of course there is always the tow hitch harness and led bar method, but that's not eye level on an E) Only real trouble would be finding a way to make it look good behind the panels.... Not any time soon.
Yes, he did sell the Hellement, here's the thread where he mentions it and shows his current ride/project.
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67987&highlight=hellement

Sure you could add them on the sides of the third brake light, but I'm not sure if that would look as good as a solid strip. :? If you're wanting it to work with your turn signals, then wiring it in with a trailer harness would be the easiest route to go.

That is a very cool mod. Im surprised I had never seen that before.
Thanks for posting that Eww-an E!!!
No problem, you're welcome. :)

Hey Slobadon, I'm not sure if you've seen the Honda CRV l.e.d. brake light replacement from Ebay on an Element, but here's mine. :)

^^It's l.e.d.s are red, but noted by a few other members who have that same exact one, it's color looks so much better when you remove it's clear lens and replace it with the factory red one. I've had that on my E' since December and I really like how it looks. 8)

· Registered
3,316 Posts
hmm, that Honda CRV l.e.d seems to be gone from Ebay. along with most of the cool stuff that used to be on there that I've read about on here. Did you remove your rear wiper?

I agree that the original light and led strip would look funny, I was just imagining out loud!
I just looked for you and if you go on there and search under 09 10 11 Honda CR-V LED 3rd Brake CRV Lamps Lights Rear you should find one.

Yes, I did remove my rear wiper, I installed a reverse/back up camera in it's place.

Here's the thread about it.
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56239

· Registered
3,316 Posts

· Registered
3,316 Posts
Thanks Eww, I think environmental responsibly is crucial when so much goes to waste as it is.
You're welcome, I just call it as I see it.;-)

I agree so much does go to waste and although it may take someone a little bit longer, or have them go out of their way, it's the right thing to do and certainly worth doing.

Interesting story. :)

· Registered
3,316 Posts
Thanks, I did not Ew. If it gets wiggly I'll run out and pick up a tube. The threads are super short so as soon as it's noticed I'll run out. But I got it pretty tight, and its easy to get at if a problem should arise.
You're welcome. :)

I applied some to mine only because I noticed how loose the screws were when I did the swap and since it was listed in the instructions, I figured why not.

Here's what I used.

^^Good stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.