Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got myself a lightinsight several weeks ago - and i'll tell you that is does take quite a bit of time to get used to IMO. My daily commute is from West to East in the morning and from East to West in the afternoon so my sun-visor is down almost 100% of the time.

It took me at least a week to figure out exactly where I wanted to place this LIS. As it turns out - it works great just below the visor (slightly to the left of my line of vision).

I'm not using it so much to see lights that i'm directly under, but rather to simply see what's 'behind' my visor with out having to duck down.

Works like a champ. A bit highpriced in my view, but then...where else are you going to find something just like it? They seem to have a corner on the market.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ebay?

Hey Illig, which seller on ebay did you get the cubby mats from? I'd like to get some myself but cannot seem to find them on ebay. Nice mods too!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey Illig, which seller on ebay did you get the cubby mats from? I'd like to get some myself but cannot seem to find them on ebay. Nice mods too!!!
I haven't seen them for $1 on Ebay as Illig stated, but I did find them for $19.95 a set w/ free shipping after being given this advice from another poster:

Originally Posted by Eww-an E:
"Search under HONDA ELEMENT EX LX DX '03-'08 Cup Liner Mats Tray Pad"

There are also patterns in other posts archived here if you wanted to get some non-stick liner and cut them yourself? Check the thread called "No Stick on the Dash" or something like that?

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
5 Posts
ebay

I found those on ebay too.. for 19.99 so I just bit the bullet and bought them. still a good deal for them. Thanks for the info by the way.

·
12,180 Posts
I haven't seen them for $1 on Ebay as Illig stated, but I did find them for $19.95 a set w/ free shipping after being given this advice from another poster:

Originally Posted by Eww-an E:
"Search under HONDA ELEMENT EX LX DX '03-'08 Cup Liner Mats Tray Pad"

There are also patterns in other posts archived here if you wanted to get some non-stick liner and cut them yourself? Check the thread called "No Stick on the Dash" or something like that?

Hope that helps...
Here is the link to the actual post with the templates.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=220804&postcount=115

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the Amazon Link. I just ordered one. I have a Nuvi 350 and a new 1491LMT.

Bill C.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Garmin Mount

Thanks for the post illig - I went ahead and picked up the bracket along with the mount for my nuvi 1350LMT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Z5BHHW

What a difference! I was using the beanbag on dash method. The reach was just a little too far. This positions it perfectly. It does block the time on the radio however. I easily worked around that by changing on the Garmin the 'Routing Data to Display' in both View Map & Navigation Mode to 'Time of Day'. Now the time is always showing on the GPS.

T E

21 - 28 of 28 Posts