Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got the smart wax from trever and I am doing my portion of the review. I received 5 bottles including the leather. I will separate into different post. I took a lot of pics but the board only let me keep 7. oo well

Car wash:
The bottle say that it brings more shine to the car and PH balance. meh, all car wash say that today and it works but nothing special. It has a nice citrus smell.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Smart Polish:

I have multiple swirl marks and scratch marks from ownership, a lot on tail gate. I have tried clay w/o good results. Waxing will cover it, but comes backs over time.
The polish made some of the scratches not visible, but no luck on swirl marks. I did the tailgate 3 times. here's a pic but I can still see some of the scratches. the bottle say it remove and not cover, only time will tell.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Smart Wax.
1st things 1st, it blemishes the panels:

I did the tail gate with S.polish and S.wax, the hood with clay and S.wax, and the rest with just S.wax.
I normally use Ice.
It's better than Ice, but not as easy to use. It's easier than trad paste to remove, even in the hot sun. The results is slightly better than Ice, but on par with other waxes. On the 3 comparison, the hood was best(very smooth and buttery/I get close to this with clay&Ice), 2nd is Tail gate(feels like it was waxed), the rest of the car feels clean w/ a slight grab on contact.

EDIT: went out for a snack and went to touch the car. I am impress with the tail gate and hood, very close to each other. I forgot to mention. the polish white the panels also worse than the wax.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Smart Dressing exterior.

I did not like this at all. I was also testing B2B(smells bad). I normally use F21(smells ok).
I like the F21 but it streaks after rain/moisture. It also comes up patchy after it dries(the day after).

I'm not impress with B2B. it started getting patchy after 15mins and I have to go back to spot treat with no luck(15mins later spot is better/smaller but still need more spot treatment).

I'm even less impress with the S.dressing(smells coconut). After 15 mins, it was very bad, Like B2B but reversed. More dull than shinny.
Here's some pics of the spottiness of B2B.It's worse in person.

4got to take pic of the S.dressing. It was so bad i went over it with B2B to quickly before I can say ooo I should take a pic of that.

I finally went over all of it with F21 and the combination is killer.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Smart dressing(smell coconut) and Smart Leather interior(smells leather):
I did 2 seats in SD and 2 in SL.
I like my sh*t shinny, so the S.leather didn't come out the way I like. smells really good but it dries dull.
The S.dressing is nice and shinny dried, but so is the F21(not bad for interior smell) or ICE(smell sweet). I'm having a problem of it rubbing off after a few days from use and have to reapply to keep the shine with Ice and F21. time will tell if it's durable.

as for the rest of the interior, It always attract dust and lint. So time will tell if the S.dress is a dust magnet like Ice and F21. I put it on, didn't notice any difference. But when I went for a drive later, the dash was sooo shinny, all I see out my windshield was the reflection of the dash. I can even see where I missed as it was dull in comparison. Really impressed with that part.

Edit: day after, The S.leather left the seat more soft than S. dressing. F21=softness=S.dressing. F21/S.dressing>softness> Ice.
There's little dust/lint on the dash< dust than F21/Ice

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Conclusion:
Wash: it works so I guess it's ok.

Polish:if the scratches stay gone forever, then it's good. maybe i will use a buffer with it next time.

Wax:I have panels so can't use, will stick with Ice.

Leather: not my style.

Dressing: I am impress and will use this for interior and maybe seats. Will use B2B for ext panels and touch up with F21.

last note: dressing and B2B was not able to remove the white of the wax, but F21 did.

·
Registered
873 Posts
wow !! thanks for that. I was wondering about the b2b on the panels.+ I was kinda skeered to try it on my gray panels. does the ICE do any thing to the panels??? I got some aluminum polish on my front end but used something to remove it quick but my brain cant remember just what I used,not PB & not oil based.brain fade & fading fast:razz: thanks again.great job

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

B2B is just a name. It's white and it's just a dressing like the rest in gel like form. Ice will shine all plastic, an all in one, but it doesn't last on plastic as long as real protectant.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Smart Dressing exterior.

I did not like this at all. I was also testing B2B(smells bad). I normally use F21(smells ok).
I like the F21 but it streaks after rain/moisture. It also comes up patchy after it dries(the day after).

I'm not impress with B2B. it started getting patchy after 15mins and I have to go back to spot treat with no luck(15mins later spot is better/smaller but still need more spot treatment).

I'm even less impress with the S.dressing(smells coconut). After 15 mins, it was very bad, Like B2B but reversed. More dull than shinny.
Here's some pics of the spottiness of B2B.It's worse in person.

4got to take pic of the S.dressing. It was so bad i went over it with B2B to quickly before I can say ooo I should take a pic of that.

I finally went over all of it with F21 and the combination is killer.
Did you try the smart dressing on the tires??? Im guessing its made to use
on the tires as well!!!

We used the Polish on my E after I got to LA, and I liked the results. For a
quick clean up, it worked well, and left a very smooth finish. When I got
back from LA, there were twice as many bugs on the front of the E than
when I went down there. With the polish on the front end, the bugs came
right off! It did its job, and did it well.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
excellent review !

Nice review , really . How can I convince you to rid yourself of the G/Y Wranglers ? You've been here long enough , isn't that always the first to go ? You changed the rims ? Unless in so cal its not that bad ?

Thanks RUBY

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha. I did.these are my 4th set of tires. Those are 255/55/18s. The frts are altenza frm japan and the rears are goodyear frm germany I picked up used. I've check and compare spec and I think us gy are like 380, A,B and these are I think 640, A, A. Same thread pattern. I don't want admit it, these gy out performs the altenza(sp)

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
Nice review , really . How can I convince you to rid yourself of the G/Y Wranglers ? You've been here long enough , isn't that always the first to go ? You changed the rims ? Unless in so cal its not that bad ?

Thanks RUBY
He's in NorCal, not SoCal, there is lots and lots of rain up there. Very nice review Raymond... BTW, I really do like Smart Wax's instant detailer, easy to use, and it produces a very quick shine if your paint is already in good shape.

Chief

·
Registered
836 Posts
So....

Would you recommend this product to others as a smart purchase or should they consider other options?

Trying to figure out if its worth paying the S/H from HandA to have the smart-wax or if i should visit my local auto shop/detailer when i need to refill supplies.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Depends. The wax is good, better than Ice or any fast waxing stuff. It's on par with trad paste wax BUT you can put it on wet/dry and in the sun. comes off very easy vs a sore elbow on the trad stuff. I hit the panels and the F21 took it off/cover it up really easily. it's the next day and it's still good. Unlike trad wax where it's always there and a pain to remove. seems like with trad wax, by the time i got it removed from the panel, it's time to wax again. The whiting is really not as bad as trad wax, even the polish is not that bad in comparison.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Haha. I did.these are my 4th set of tires. Those are 255/55/18s. The frts are altenza frm japan and the rears are goodyear frm germany I picked up used. I've check and compare spec and I think us gy are like 380, A,B and these are I think 640, A, A. Same thread pattern. I don't want admit it, these gy out performs the altenza(sp)
At first I didn't know WTheck u were saying , then I turned on my tire jargon and 380 A,B and 640 A,A so in english boys and girls

380= tread wear
1st A = temperature or whatever alpha # decreases , AA being the best
2nd A = traction , same as above

RUBY

I'm currently looking at KUMHO for another car , do you know anything about these ?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kumho's are cool. I ran different models of high perf over the years on different cars. Cheap and performs, but treadwear sucks. never tried their normal stuff. I was told by a 911 owner that the porsche community use kumho instead what ever is stock for price and performance.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Depends. The wax is good, better than Ice or any fast waxing stuff. It's on par with trad paste wax BUT you can put it on wet/dry and in the sun. comes off very easy vs a sore elbow on the trad stuff. I hit the panels and the F21 took it off/cover it up really easily. it's the next day and it's still good. Unlike trad wax where it's always there and a pain to remove. seems like with trad wax, by the time i got it removed from the panel, it's time to wax again. The whiting is really not as bad as trad wax, even the polish is not that bad in comparison.
your leaving me with enough doubt to hold off until i see this in person.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Test #2...

2010 SoCal Spring Meet: SmartWax Test

When : 08 May 2010
Where: Wally Parks NHRA Musuem Parking Lot (Pomona, CA)
Time: 12:10 pm

Product: SmartPolish

Vehicle: 2008 SC 2WD 5AT Royal Blue Pearl (RBP)

EOC Owner: AztecRol

Testers: SlimerDogs and AztecRol

Here are the BEFORE close ups…

LBD

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
To properly start…

Check that the hood is cooled down… Rolie just drove 400+ miles to get to the meet… Hand is courtesy of SlimerDogs…

Product shot…

Application of the SmartPolish…

Starting from the top of the hood…

Working our way out to the edge of the hood…

LBD

1 - 20 of 24 Posts